Blue dash warning

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Pickles

Post by Pickles »

Hi

Has anyone come across a blue square with a car inside, where the speed limit normally is?
This popped up for the first time today whilst I was on the stretch of motorway I always drive on and I can’t seem to find out what it is.

J_A_M_E_S

Post by J_A_M_E_S »

Could it be that your car is on a road where the speed limit isn't found (either by the car's camera, or the sat-nav info), so it shows this symbol to indicate it doesn't know what maximum speed you should be driving???

Does this happen on the same stretch of road (e.g. a very new or unregistered/unmade road)?
Pickles

Post by Pickles »

This is on the m1 which I drive the same bit a couple times a week and it’s never appeared before. It was only there for a minute or 2 before going back to normal just really odd
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

I can see it in the manual....but the manual doesn't actually say what the symbol means..it is something to do with the road signs though

On other forums I've seen it mentioned as symbol "denoting expressway/road reserved for motor vehicles." It seems to be a more EU focussed symbol not really applicable to UK but the RSI obviously interprets something it sees as this

One to ignore maybe?
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Moss

Post by Moss »

If the sign is a blue square with a car inside, it’s probably just an informative (or « Information ») traffic sign, according to the Straßenverkehrs-Ordnung (German Road Traffic Act) and the Katalog der Verkehrszeichen (Catalog of Traffic Signs), meaning Fast Traffic Highway (Motor vehicles capable of speeds exceeding 60 km/h only).
Pickles

Post by Pickles »

Thanks for the info, definitely sounds like something to just ignore.