Electric Window issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Morse

Post by Morse »

I’ve noticed on two occasions previously on returning to the car that the passenger front window has been at half mast. One occasion this was overnight. I had assumed this was carelessness on my part for failure to check properly on leaving the car. My daughters who borrowed my car earlier to go shopping, just called to say that on closing the front near side window it wound it’s self down again twice and they had to ‘fight’ to get it to stay up. On returning to the car after leaving the supermarket, the window was wound half way down! I checked the oncall app and it was indeed showing window open (though by this time they were traveling in the car and confirmed that the window was now closed).
Has anyone A) had similar issues with windows and B) whilst I’ve received notifications of the doors being unlocked in the past, can anyone confirm if window unlocked notifications are similarly ’sent’ as whilst this was noted in the app no notification had been received. I will be calling the garage first thing Monday to book the car in.
T5 Inscription Pro, Pine Grey, blond interior . Intellisafe pro Xenium pack, Harmon Kardon. Ordered 25th Sept. 18. Delivered 19 Dec following a cancellation and move to earlier factory assembly slot.

72 dudes

Post by 72 dudes »

H'mm, sounds like some sort of software glitch.

Try the following reset for electric windows:

Using just the part way switch setting (i.e. not the auto down) press the down switch until the window is fully down. Now press the switch down again making sure the double click is felt.

Power the window up using the non auto up setting until fully up. Now use the auto up double click setting to confirm.

Repeat for the other side.

This 'tells' the windows when they are fully up and down and might just solve the phantom winding down issue. Good luck
T4 Inscription FWD, Denim Blue, blonde interior. Winter pack and rear view camera.
Delivered 10/03/20.
Fun car, 2006 Mercedes SLK 350
Business car, 2007 Mercedes A180 CDi
Advanced driver since 1985.