Keyless locking system playing up

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Qarx

Post by Qarx »

I think DPF takes about 15 minutes to clear so say 15-20 minutes for engine to get warm and then 15 for DPF, total 35+ minutes I'd say. Ideally on motorway or rural road, no stop start city traffic of course.

Faulty User

Post by Faulty User »

Manual says normal operating temp and the regeneration takes about 15 to 20 mins.

It also says:
The car should be driven on A-roads at speeds in excess of 60 km/h (38 mph) for at least 20 minutes between each refuelling.
Faulty User

Post by Faulty User »

Burmey wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:12 am Thanks everyone. Most helpful. Hadn’t realised about stand by mode.

Anyone know how long a drive it would take to sufficiently charge the battery (or indeed clear out the DPF since I have a diesel)? Many times I’ve wished this car had an engine temperature gauge as there no way of telling (at least I’m not aware of any way ) otherwise.
Standby kicks in after 5 days. If you open up the smartphone app it's shown by an orange banner across the top of the app. You need to get in the car and manually start it to take it out of standby. It cuts down the electrical use of the car to help preserve the battery. During standby you can't easily communicate with the car, to send remote start commands for example.
Burmey

Post by Burmey »

Thank you.
V40, XC90, XC60, and now First Edition 2nd owner since November 2018 XC40 Red.