Can't edit Driver Profile 2

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
ispeirs

Post by ispeirs »

Thanks for all the replies. I've tried both orange and black keys (separately). I've tried changing settings. I've tried it with the engine on and off. I've tried every combination I can think of but can't ever edit and assign profile 2 or change from it to another profile. I've contacted my supplier who weren't able to advise how to fix it but are to submit a request for another key. Will see what happens.

RealGoneKid

Post by RealGoneKid »

Have come to the conclusion that editing/saving key profiles is a dark art!

Thought I’d mastered it with our black and orange keys. Trick seemed to be to play with the settings that you want and then tick and untick protect. Orange key settings have always, by default, been matched to profile 2, without needing to use the edit function.

However, if I use the car with my orange key, say two or three times, then my partner uses hers, it forgets her settings, won’t move her seat etc. Until we use her key again to “unprotect then protect” her driver profile.

Throw in a visit to dealer and and a software update and it cocks them both up!

I really don’t think the orange key is meant to be fully utilised as an active key, whatever dealers might think. I wonder whether all of us with only the one black and one orange keys can all kick off to our dealers to get a second black key, FOC. Assuming of course, it actually helps!
T5 Recharge PHEV MY21, R Design Pro, Glacier Silver, Lounge & Climate packs. New purchase from dealer stock Oct 20. Ceramic Coated after purchase.
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

RealGoneKid wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:43 pm
I really don’t think the orange key is meant to be fully utilised as an active key, whatever dealers might think. I wonder whether all of us with only the one black and one orange keys can all kick off to our dealers to get a second black key, FOC. Assuming of course, it actually helps!
Volvo make it very clear that the orange key is not a normal key and isn't designed to be used as such. A call to Volvo customer services confirms this. You are wasting your time even trying

Indeed in the UK, such was the outrage, they started selling additional black keys for £75 instead of the normal £200+ mark to try and placate buyers.

Of course many Volvo dealers simply don't know or don't care and in some cases are even using this as a way to make money our of gullible customers. My own dealer tried to convince me the orange key was actually the MASTER KEY. At that point I refused to take delivery of the car (they had rung me to arrange handover) until they got their facts right. It took them two weeks with the car sat ready for delivery for them to actually tell me the truth
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

AprylJD44

Post by AprylJD44 »

This happened to me as well and it was after using orange care key. When it happened to me that was in the house my car was in the garage I had the key with me that I always use but for some reason it was still picking up the care key. I took the care key and put it in my backyard out of range and that did the trick. Seems to me there has to be a better way but at least it worked.