Leather interior marks

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Wheaters55

Post by Wheaters55 »

Has anyone had white marks appearing on the leather seats? Being a sadsack, no other person than me has been in my car and I don't put anything on the seats at all, but, some white blotches have appeared on the passenger and rear seats. A damp micro cloth improves the appearance but they just come back again after a little while.
T5 Recharge Inscription, Crystal White, Charcoal interior, tinted rear windows + space saver spare.
Delivered 15 Sep 20

laann

Post by laann »

Yes, I have an xc40 r design with the dark grey suede type seats. There are strange white marks that look similar to water marks on the seats but I don’t know what has caused them. Although I’m not the only one in the car we don’t drink in the car so I dont know how they appeared. First they’re appeared on the front seats and most recently on the back seats.
PeterM

Post by PeterM »

Hi, I have a 20 plate momentum pro, with cloth and vinyl seats and have noticed the exact same issue on my front seats, no idea how they got there as quite meticulous with the car. Tried Autoglym interior car shampoo which seemed to help but they do seem to return. Overall disappointed with how the cloth seats have worn in regards how the black has faded. Spoke to dealership and they seemed to think this was normal wear. Wondered if anyone else has experienced poor wear and has a possible solution?
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

I used to have a Mercedes with similar material (if not the same) seats and that used to do it. I used Autoglym interior shampoo to remove the marks and after a few applications the marks seemed to stop. Not seen it on the XC40 yet.
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

Wow. How odd.
About a month ago, I noticed some blotches appear on my passenger seat (red oxide). I honestly cannot explain it. The only thing I can think is that a drop of rain may have fallen onto the seat when I opened my passenger door to retrieve some things but if that’s right then surely it shouldn’t stain.
Have cleaned them and as already commented, they have lightened, but still visible.
Two are on the side bolster so not from a passenger.
I’ve cleaned with mild soap, Autoglym and Simoniz.
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020