XC40 Driver's display fails

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
jd40

Post by jd40 »

Good to hear that you are back on the road.
XC40 T5 First Edition, 20inch wheels, fusion red, charcoal

NCRD2806

Post by NCRD2806 »

I picked up my XC40 T3 R-Design Pro from the dealer on Wednesday afternoon and by Friday morning the Driver's display had started to play up.
I read this thread on Friday morning when I got to work and hoped I wasn't in the same situation.

When I got back to the car park on Friday night it worked again but then wouldn't come on again on Saturday.

Late Saturday morning I took it to the dealer. The dealership's mechanics hadn't experienced the problem before so decided to update/reinstall the software. This got the screen up and running again but even they were doubtful this had really worked.

Saturday night the screen was blank again - having to guess what speed I'm doing!

Today (Sunday 28 Oct) I'm off to the Volvo dealership again. They're going to order in a new Driver Information Module (DIM) for my XC40 and it looks like I'm being loaned a V40 in the meantime - I had an Audi A3 before I'm guessing this will be something similar but with a handbrake (not used one of those since 2012!).

Really hoping it will be sorted in days and not weeks. I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced something similar or worse still had it reoccur.