Key fob fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Talisker7

Post by Talisker7 »

Hi All,
The 'open' button on my key fob doesn't always work. The other 2 buttons work fine (so not the battery).
My question is - Is the remote key fob covered by the Volvo warranty?
Thanks and regards
T4 R Design Pro Fusion Red

Deleted User 2504

Post by Deleted User 2504 »

I should think it is covered by the warranty. However, I would try a new battery first. My fob played up a few times where I couldn’t lock it, but opening was fine. Put a new battery in and never had an issue since.
Peter8642

Post by Peter8642 »

If it’s a year or more old I’d definitely suspect the battery first
2021 XC40 Inscription T5 Recharge, Denim Blue + Blond.
Driver Assist, Lounge, Versatility, Towbar, Spare Wheel and Jack.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Talisker7 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:18 pm Hi All,
The 'open' button on my key fob doesn't always work. The other 2 buttons work fine (so not the battery).
My question is - Is the remote key fob covered by the Volvo warranty?
Thanks and regards
As already said, you need to replace the battery as a matter of course. The open button may have a high resistance contact that a new battery would sort out.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
ijkgenesis

Post by ijkgenesis »

had 3yr service on wednesday and garage said changed my key battery as i mentioned having problem opening tailgate. used wifes key today, car started but dashboard said key not detected, alsi could not lock car when home. Just changed battery using new duracell 2032 and key still not working.. does it need pairing ?
XC40 FE D4 Burstin Blue with 20 inch Wheels

XC60 T8 Ultimate ordered Sept 2023