Thanks for accepting me into the forum & No Apple CarPlay!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Snooze99

Post by Snooze99 »

Hi

Many thanks for accepting me into the forum, I've just taken delivery of a T4 recharge yesterday and think I have dropped a big one here, as I didn't order it with any Apple CarPlay, as I thought it came as standard on the R-Design, Poo....

Now I know you can get it retrofitted for £300, which is what my Stealership is quoting.

Is it possible to upgrade yourself, ie buy the additional items and fit, then I guess get the local dealer to code it in?

Does anyone have a parts list?

Any help or guidance greatly appreciated.

Thanks James

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Hi

I ordered my car without CarPlay to get around the tax (£40k). It was fitted at the dealership. CarPlay needs an extra data USB port to be installed. This involves removal of one of the front seats to access the connection box and a replacement panel be fitted. Do yourself a favour and pay the £300. Check the link to see how involved it is.
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-gb ... /XC40/2020
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Snooze99

Post by Snooze99 »

Thanks for the speedy reply Dermottdog, just really looking into the options at the moment
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Easy enough to fit yourself however will still need a dealer visit to update the software
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

stu22 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:44 pm Easy enough to fit yourself however will still need a dealer visit to update the software
Easy? The 63 steps looked a bit of a chore. But I suppose if you have some heat shrink and the tools for removing trims and stuff I’m sure it will be fine🙄
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Dermottdog wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:33 pm
stu22 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:44 pm Easy enough to fit yourself however will still need a dealer visit to update the software
Easy? The 63 steps looked a bit of a chore. But I suppose if you have some heat shrink and the tools for removing trims and stuff I’m sure it will be fine🙄
Do it yourself and immediately invaded your warrenty
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
David Vincent

Post by David Vincent »

Chris John wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:30 pm
Dermottdog wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:33 pm
Do it yourself and immediately invaded your warren
No, no, think of all those poor rabbits...
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Hi I got the inscription last December b4 awd heated front window and stearing wheel, I was led to believe it was standard along with the BLIS but turns out they all added extras very disappointing for supposed to be about safety
All the best