Locking / Alarm system

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
7Iron

Post by 7Iron »

Hi guys,

Still finding my way around the XC40 Recharge, after migrating from Disco Sport.

When locking the Disco, one press on the remote locked the perimeter of the car, which was fine for leaving the dog inside, then a second press for an inside alarm and double lock the doors.

On the Volvo there only seems to be one press of the button which locks the car and about 10 secs later double locks the doors, are there no internal movement sensors in the Volvo, do not want the dog setting the alarm off.

Thanks

morganj

Post by morganj »

Before exiting the car swipe to left screen in central display.

Click Reduced Guard to disable the internal sensors.
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
7Iron

Post by 7Iron »

Thanks, will check that out tomorrow, is that something that could be set in preferences, would be a pain trying to remember that whenever the dog is left in.
Peter8642

Post by Peter8642 »

If you set reduced guard, I think it stays set till you unset it, but I’m not certain of that so do check it the first time or two.
2021 XC40 Inscription T5 Recharge, Denim Blue + Blond.
Driver Assist, Lounge, Versatility, Towbar, Spare Wheel and Jack.
Hugh Janus

Post by Hugh Janus »

Peter8642 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:13 pm If you set reduced guard, I think it stays set till you unset it, but I’m not certain of that so do check it the first time or two.

Would be ideal but unfortunately the activation is only a one time temporary setting. You have to do it each time.

A useful setting, I once left my grannie in a car and the alarm kept going off.

But perhaps best not to leave a dog unattended in a locked car.