T3 turbo "issue"

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
MarminUK

Post by MarminUK »

I have a RDP T3 MANUAL. I had an issue when I was pootling around in Eco mode, when I then entered a motorway slip rd and accelerated, the turbo kicked in as expected, then died and spluttered and started again. Was a bit concerning as I had pulled out in front of traffic as the turbo kicked in, for it to let me down.

I put it down to Eco mode or "driving miss daisy", then accelerating firmly not allowing the turbo to spool up (my old 15yr old car didnt need this though).

Then today I was on the same motorway (steepish uphill), doing 60mph, steadily accelerated from 60 (in normal/comfort mode) for turbo to start and stop again. Mightve been my imagination but it felt like it was being a bit hesitant when I was cruising at 70 shortly after too.

Anyone else with the T3 experienced this?

Car has only don 1600 miles, if that means anything.

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Have you taken it to the dealer since your last post on the issue. That's likely the only way you're going to know whether it is a fault or a characteristic?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2395
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
MarminUK

Post by MarminUK »

Got it booked in for next Tuesday, but seeing as they tried to tell me that "its the gearbox getting used to how you drive"!? I wanted to know if anyone else had had a similar experience.
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

MarminUK wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:21 pm Got it booked in for next Tuesday, but seeing as they tried to tell me that "its the gearbox getting used to how you drive"!? I wanted to know if anyone else had had a similar experience.
It's been about 2 years now since I got rid of my XC40... But I also had a T3 Manual and absolutely no issues with the turbo or power delivery so it's not a characteristic of the engine.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
Laban1234

Post by Laban1234 »

Same problem here.

T3 manual -19
I will talk to service soon.

Ive got mad and put the throttle down with turtle as result and orange engine light.

Do you have any solutions?
Trafford

Post by Trafford »

i have the same issue but no engine light, the car lags for 1-2 secs
goldy

Post by goldy »

I've got the same problem. Dealer tells me volvo are aware of the problem. Car 6 months old and had problem from day one. I wish Volvo would get there finger out and sort the problem.
Xc40 T3 auto inscription June 2020. Rubbish.
Xc40 B4 Inscription Pro November 2021.Fabulous.
goldy

Post by goldy »

Sorry to say fault still not fixed so car is on its way back. BMW X1 on its way.
Xc40 T3 auto inscription June 2020. Rubbish.
Xc40 B4 Inscription Pro November 2021.Fabulous.
mondeoman

Post by mondeoman »

Update. Car was fixed on Tuesday with an update apparently. It drives like a different car now it's not 100% but much much better so I've cancelled the BMW order. Luckily the BMW was supposed to be delivered in June so no issue getting my deposit back.
If anyone wants to buy reg X1 NPJ I've got it for sale.
Trafford

Post by Trafford »

I have used the "Dynamic" driving mode and did not encounter this issue again