Volvo On Call App - Charging Timer

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
lfpcorreia

Post by lfpcorreia »

goi wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:53 am
lfpcorreia wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:44 pm I have found the solution for the charging: delete the location!!
Car started charging as soon as I deleted it...
This ^^ definitely sounds like an application issue. Would you mind opening a ticket for this with Volvo Support? This should be reported.
I’d love too. But where can I do that if you don’t mind me asking?

Lasts time I reported a bug in the app my dealer called after a week to schedule a inspection...
T5 Twin-engine Momentum Plus

Wheaters55

Post by Wheaters55 »

I think peter8642 has hit the nail squarely on the head! It is just far too complicated. All anyone wants is to simply plug in and tell the car when to start charging. Luckily for me I have the advantage of Volvo subsidising my electric miles for the first year.

Has anyone used/is using the 'Ohme' plug in cable that has a timer control. Normally £400 so is expensive but again luckily I have an opportunity to get for £199!! But no good if the car still drains the battery.
T5 Recharge Inscription, Crystal White, Charcoal interior, tinted rear windows + space saver spare.
Delivered 15 Sep 20
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Reading this topic has completely put me off ever buying an electric car. I will buy the last petrol in 2030 and keep it 10 years. That should outlast me.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Peter8642

Post by Peter8642 »

Thanks Wheaters55

I hate to go on about my eight year old plug in Prius, but the other thing to mention is that preconditioning the climate requires me to stand by a front window of the house and press a small unassuming button on the car’s small unassuming key fob 10 minutes before departure.

The current craze for connecting every single appliance to a mobile phone app is just too much brain work. I use a hammer for knocking nails in, and a screwdriver for screwing screws in, but there is no way I want my hammer to interface with my screwdriver or vice versa.
2021 XC40 Inscription T5 Recharge, Denim Blue + Blond.
Driver Assist, Lounge, Versatility, Towbar, Spare Wheel and Jack.
Deleted User 2507

Post by Deleted User 2507 »

Mine went off at the weekend which is a pain, it was working well. I use the car every day so its always taken off charge quite early.

Looking like not putting on charge until midnight then for Octopus Go Rates. I see you can get an OHME cable via Octopus Go for £199 which can be type 2 or 3-pin. But that's still pretty expensive and a bit of a waste of any savings we are making with the Octopus Go rate :roll:

Lets hope it fixed a little sooner that Q2 2021, bit of a CBA really from Volvo is you ask me.
hillocklane

Post by hillocklane »

Charging timer has returned to the On Call app!!

Hooray! No more plugging the car in at 1am!.....
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

It's certainly here but has anyone tested it yet?
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
bba

Post by bba »

Thanks!

Having set a charge timer for overnight it has just switched from 'Charging' to 'Plugged in' and 'Not charging'. Shall look forward to seeing what happened overnight tomorrow morning.
Used to have an XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro MY21 with Polestar and useless Pilot Assist
bba

Post by bba »

Worked perfectly! New blue colour at the socket, assume this is 'timer pending'.
Used to have an XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro MY21 with Polestar and useless Pilot Assist
Rockford

Post by Rockford »

Good news. Are you all on the iOS app?
My Android app appears not so support this yet and I'm on the most recent version according to the app store (v 5.3.1).
MY21 T5 Recharge R-Design Pro in Thunder Grey