Screen crack sending sat nav mad?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Just got a screen crack on our 150 miles on the clock xc40 :cry: seen the posts about them maybe being prone to this. But i have a question...

Driving home satnav went bad. Centre console kept turning off and on. Wondering if anyone else had this, is it linked to all the sensors in the screen?

Deleted User 3074

Post by Deleted User 3074 »

The whole of the screen is a sensor, I don't think there are multiple ones.

I would imagine the screen is the issue.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Never heard of a screen cracking before
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Deleted User 3074

Post by Deleted User 3074 »

I doubt screen cracking happens spontaneously.

Probably impact damage.

I carried a set of step-ladders today, from the boot, resting on the central armrest. It passed my mind briefly what happens if I brake sharply.

Luckily, nothing happened...
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

They can, I've read on forums of windscreens breaking without impact damage due to incorrect fitment at the factory. Could be under stress or seated on a bump.

It doesn't take much to crack a windscreen as found when working on a son's Punto a few years ago. Just accidently tapped the edge of the screen with a screwdriver and the screen cracked, couldn't believe it!

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.