Inaccurate navigation arrows.

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Olaf1

Post by Olaf1 »

When approaching a junction or roundabout when turning right the lane indicator arrows on the dash screen always show that the left lane is the correct one and either a sharp left or bear left turn is needed even though the blue map line is correctly going right. Two software upgrades now done and local dealer says Volvo now accept there is an error and all new cars have the same fault and the map update needed to rectify this will be a few months. Not impressed with the sat nav system which has basic displays and very few pictures of signs and junctions.
XC 40 D3 Auto. in Denim blue with blonde interior, lounge pack, winter pack and tow bar being just a few of the extras. Reg Sept. 2020.

charles_M

Post by charles_M »

I'm not hugely impressed with the XC40 satnav software. I've used it for simple local journeys, its ok for that.
For longer journeys I still use my TomTom; you can plan routes (any route you like) on a PC using their MyDrive software, and their speed camera database seems better (that doesn't mean I routinely break the limit BTW)

AFAIK you can't plan routes on the Volvo software which involve detours or preferred routes. Apologies if i'm wrong

Lane guidance, the problem you mention, is excellent on the TomTom.
TechnoNerd

Post by TechnoNerd »

I don't have the Volvo navigation option. I do use the Android Auto app which uses Google Maps for navigation. I find that Google Maps navigation is very accurate and up to date. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are available with the Volvo Sensus display in my car. Is this available in the UK as well?
2020 XC40 T5 AWD Momentum, Thunder Grey / Oxide Red Leather (US Specs)