Boot Dimensions

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
SPOm

Post by SPOm »

I am awaiting delivery of my XC40 R B4 and I want to commission a fabricated bespoke dog crate which makes best use of the boot space behind the rear seats without having to permanently mod the car. Does anyone have accurate profile dimensions of the boot - not the volume or just the floor/roof height nor just the floor width/depth. I also need angles and profiles of the hatch and rear seat backs. Does anyone have that sort of detailed info?

Moss

Post by Moss »

SPOm wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:53 pm I am awaiting delivery of my XC40 R B4 and I want to commission a fabricated bespoke dog crate which makes best use of the boot space behind the rear seats without having to permanently mod the car. Does anyone have accurate profile dimensions of the boot - not the volume or just the floor/roof height nor just the floor width/depth. I also need angles and profiles of the hatch and rear seat backs. Does anyone have that sort of detailed info?
If you really need specific and precise dimensions and even angles and profiles of the hatch and rear seat backs, the best thing you can do is take all the measuring devices you need and go to your Volvo cars dealer : I’m sure they will let you measure the XC40 boot as much as you want to.

If COVID 19 restrictions in your country do not allow you to go to your dealer, you may have to wait until delivery of your car and do the measuring at home.

However, some manufacturers have ready made dog crates or boot boxes specifically for the Volvo XC40 (one example : https://dtboxes.co.uk/blogs/info/new-do ... volvo-xc40 ) so there may be no need for much measuring…...
SPOm

Post by SPOm »

Moss wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:53 pm
If you really need specific and precise dimensions and even angles and profiles of the hatch and rear seat backs, the best thing you can do is take all the measuring devices you need and go to your Volvo cars dealer : I’m sure they will let you measure the XC40 boot as much as you want to.

If COVID 19 restrictions in your country do not allow you to go to your dealer, you may have to wait until delivery of your car and do the measuring at home.

However, some manufacturers have ready made dog crates or boot boxes specifically for the Volvo XC40 (one example : https://dtboxes.co.uk/blogs/info/new-do ... volvo-xc40 ) so there may be no need for much measuring…...
Thanks Moss. I thought I would ask here first, (someone may have already done it), before going to the dealer with my tape measure & protractor! :) I have thoroughly Googled all other options. dtboxes do an XC40 version but the wide metal central post obscures the rear view.
Moss

Post by Moss »

SPOm wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:41 pm

Thanks Moss. I thought I would ask here first, (someone may have already done it), before going to the dealer with my tape measure & protractor! :) I have thoroughly Googled all other options. dtboxes do an XC40 version but the wide metal central post obscures the rear view.
A boot dog cage topic has come up earlier on the forum : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=507&p=15479&hilit=dog#p15479

Perhaps someone there has info that could be of interest to you.
SPOm

Post by SPOm »

A boot dog cage topic has come up earlier on the forum : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=507&p=15479&hilit=dog#p15479

Perhaps someone there has info that could be of interest to you.
Tx