Car status messages

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Norton

Post by Norton »

I am looking for help with the car status messages in the central display. According to the MY2021 pdf manual (page 96) “Saved messages in the app are deleted automatically each time the engine is started.” I have had several car status messages regarding the parking brake and the headlamps indicating malfunctions and advising me to get the brakes and light serviced. But because the messages disappeared on restarting the car I put them down to a software glitch. But the manual suggests otherwise. Why would Volvo delete all the messages automatically on restarting the engine? Surely the time to make them disappear would be when they have been actioned?

WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

All these alarming instances of software malfunction! Are there similar issues reported by owners of other Volvo models? It seems unlikely that the software installed in the XC40 is unique.
XC40Warwick

Post by XC40Warwick »

If all my status messages stayed on the car I would need extra memory :)

Most of mine clear and I assume they are glitches - I can't afford to be at the dealer every time one pops up, if i did it would spend considerable time there.
XC40 FE D4 Crystal White 20" with LAVA
virtualal

Post by virtualal »

Me too ! Car has lost power and failed for the 8th time and will be back at the dealer for the 5th time from tomorrow. But apparently they can’t fix it because it doesn’t “log” a fault despite photo and video evidence !
T5 R Design Hybrid