Servicing Plan maintenance records

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Something I forgot to mention is that Volvo can tell you if the relevant updates have been carried out.

My story is that I absolutely knew my update hadn't been carried out because there should have been some visible changes. Service department desperately tried to fob me off with assurances it had been done, unaware that I was properly informed. I later had the recall letter but a forum member here had said that the fix should have been present in the system at the time of my service. I called Volvo (via the on-call button) and got through to someone working from home. He was really helpful but couldn't access the requisite systems from home. He gave me a number for the Technical Team who were able to confirm what software version was installed & that the recall fix had been applied.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Silver Moose wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:00 am Something I forgot to mention is that Volvo can tell you if the relevant updates have been carried out.

My story is that I absolutely knew my update hadn't been carried out because there should have been some visible changes. Service department desperately tried to fob me off with assurances it had been done, unaware that I was properly informed. I later had the recall letter but a forum member here had said that the fix should have been present in the system at the time of my service. I called Volvo (via the on-call button) and got through to someone working from home. He was really helpful but couldn't access the requisite systems from home. He gave me a number for the Technical Team who were able to confirm what software version was installed & that the recall fix had been applied.
Sorry for my confusion. Can Volvo update the software over the airwaves or does the car have to physically go to the garage.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Dermottdog wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:46 am
Silver Moose wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:00 am Something I forgot to mention is that Volvo can tell you if the relevant updates have been carried out.

Sorry for my confusion. Can Volvo update the software over the airwaves or does the car have to physically go to the garage.
No, has to go to garage (things will be different with the all electric Recharge).

Apologies if I wasn't clear. My garage failed to update BUT I went back same day & made them do it while I waited.

Phone call was because I subsequently received recall letter but believed the fix was present at the time of my update. Volvo on Call guy said they can check installation very easily when in the office. I don't know if this is via reading their database or remote connection to car as I didn't ask. On this occasion he gave me a colleague's number as he was WFH.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Deleted User 2967

Post by Deleted User 2967 »

Today I had my first service. I asked for the detail and was given a page called Standard Service 0 - 18,000 miles. It consisted of a list with the items split into 3 categories - 1) Entering, 2) Raise the Vehicle and 3) Lower the Vehicle.

The list was:

ENTERING
Automatic transmission control check the park / neutral position (PNP) Switch

Parking brake-check and adjust

External lighting - check the function

Horn - check the signal

Headlamp/fog lamp - check and align headlamps

Washers and wipers for windshields and headlamps, check the function and for signs of wear

Seat belts-check the function and for signs of wear

Air cleaner passenger compartment replace

RAISE THE VEHICLE

Engine oil, oil filter-change oil and oil filter

Driveline - check for leaks

Wheels and tires check for damage tread depth of tires in mm

Tires exc spare wheel check and adjust the air pressure

Brake pads, brake discs-check

LOWER THE VEHICLE

Fluid levels - engine compartment - check and adjust the brake fluid, clutch fluid, power steering fluid, washer fluid, coolant

Coolant - check and adjust the antifreeze corrosion protection rating to freeze point below -32 C-26"

Initiate reset/calibrate tire pressure monitor system

SRI-set the service reminder indicator (SR) to zero

So that's it folk, that what the 18,000 service is !!!
Gnomeface

Post by Gnomeface »

Just had my first service, under the maintenance plan. Can't fault the Volvo dealer (Truro Motor Company) who had all of the service plan details sorted before I arrived, gave me a full invoice list of what was done (zero charge), the health check 2-page list plus a separate video - and cleaned the rather dirty car as well. They discussed the car software upgrades (which are done whilst they do the physical work) and assured me that an update just released which corrects faults in the previous release has been installed.

They also installed the fix for the gurgling rattle from the sunroof drains, which was getting really irritating - and the whole lot in one afternoon. Top class service.
Family car - XC40 T5 Inscription Pro, Glacier Silver, charcoal leather, Intellisafe Pro and Xenium packs. Dog guard and mud flaps added since.
Fun car - Mercedes SLC