Sunroof blind stuck

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

Went to the car this morning and the sunroof blind had closed automatically due to the heat. My wife went to open it it got half way and stopped. Neither the blind nor sunroof now work at all.

I have checked the fuse which is ok and I can hear the relay clicking when the switch is activated. Tried disconnecting the battery for 4 hours to see if it would reset but nothing. Have the car booked in at the dealers on Wednesday, but would prefer not to waste half a day if you clever people out there have any other suggestions?

Rigel

Post by Rigel »

I had a similar problem with the roof not closing. I had to cover the car in a Tarp overnight. Drove to the dealership in the morning, no appointment. I had to wait an hour but they resolved it. It required a reset. But then I have an excellent dealership.
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

I've had same issue. After a few car restarts it managed to work in pieces, so to speak. Press the button and it worked for about half of the way, then stopped, then again and so on. My worst issue was that the roof was open too, closing that was a nightmare but it accepted controls eventually. Not sure if there's a manual way to crank it closed...

That said, it was after a software update and the dealer blamed that and quickly fixed it. No issue since.
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

The service manager told me the sunroof had to be calibrated, they also did a software update at the same time.
x-rayted

Post by x-rayted »

My XC40's sunroof screen also stuck last week. It opened but never closed. I quickly visited the service when they were closing at the evening. They thought it needed calibration but calibration didnt work . They connected the car to the service computer and found that the rear sunscreen motor was out of order . They didnt have the motor in stock and they ordered . Next working day after new year holiday , they replaced the broken motor and its okay now.
2020 XC40 T3 FWD Momentum 8AT