Service Plan

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

I have a 3 year service plan for my D3R, and its now due its 2nd service. I was told the plan does not include a brake fluid change or cabin filter, which are recommended. As I plan to change it just after its 3rd service, do I need to have these extra chargeable items changed? I don't think so, but would welcome peoples comments. Current mileage 12K and about 6K estimated for next year. Thank you.

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

This has come up before just recently. I Googled the brake fluid change. It would seem that the fluid lasts 2 years. This seems pretty much across the board. Another poster on here had older cars and hadn’t changed their fluid for many years without comprising braking. The conclusion was that the fluid change is a money maker for all manufacturers. However, if you were to contact the fluid makers, they would confirm a 2 year life span. They have you by the short and curlys.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Ham & Cheese

Post by Ham & Cheese »

From my experience I wouldn't have it done. Fluid can be tested for water content, and this can be done by the garage or the next buyer further down the line.
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

Thanks lads. Basic service for me now.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Just had my 2 year service today on my 5 year service plan. No mention made of changing brake fluid nor of changing the cabin filter.
No charge, and a loan car for 3 hours.

Bob
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)