USB stick issue?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
mac1776

Post by mac1776 »

Hi All,
When I select the installed USB it won't recognise it until i remove the stick and re insert. Is this standard, is there a specific USB port I should use? ( I have 2)
Any help appreciated
regards
Mac

Moss

Post by Moss »

mac1776 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:35 pm Hi All,
When I select the installed USB it won't recognise it until i remove the stick and re insert. Is this standard, is there a specific USB port I should use? ( I have 2)
Any help appreciated
regards
Mac
No, having to remove and re-insert the USB memory stick is not standard : you can constantly leave it in one of the two USB ports (not important which one) and when you select USB on the central display, it should play. But first, please read what your manual says on the subject (pages 470 to 477 of the English manual) to see if the file system and media formats on your USB stick are compatible with the Volvo media player.
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

As Moss says you should not have to reinsert the USB stick each time to play it. As you have 2 USB sockets keep the one with the white line around it free for your phone as this is the charging socket. Use the other one for the USB stick.

Try simplifying the file structure. I just have individual songs and no folders. The media player can group them by artist or genre according to the metadata.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
mac1776

Post by mac1776 »

Hi All,
Thank you for the info, that makes sense to me, will give it a run,
Kind regards
Mac