T5 Hybrid - some worrying faults.....

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
4 character

Post by 4 character »

New owner, I just did a 90 mile trip and on 3 occasions, going uphill on Pilot Set to 70, hybrid mode, I had what felt like a stuttering stall for 3-4 seconds as it tried to figure out what it was doing.

No message lights etc. Sound like the same issue?

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I think manufacturers are going to be much happier when cars are fully electric powered or whatever and they don't have to produce the bodge that are called hybrids and deal with the ever growing complexity of petrol and diesel engines with some of them struggling to produce reliable versions of them even with umpteen years of experience and data to call on.

I may have bought a Skoda Karoq to replace the Yeti if it hadn't been for the problems with the 1.5 petrol engine. Did me a favour though as came to the XC40!

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
virtualal

Post by virtualal »

Quick update - sunroof fixed and stereo (software) has solved the volume issue. Limp home, power lag and refusing to start all now traced by Dealer and Volvo Sweden tracing faults online over 2 days to a faulty recharging component within the car. Wow ! Not software. The fault was causing glitches in the power deliver and the electronics. New part coming over from Sweden. Dealer has unilaterally suggested that as this will take a while I bring back the V40 courtesy car for something bigger. That is decent of them. Hope it doesn't take too long and when I speak to them properly (this was just a message) I will find out which part it is to share on here.
T5 R Design Hybrid
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Talking about early adopters encountering serious problems, read this post
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2163&sid=1fb5ff47a7 ... aec715d222
virtualal

Post by virtualal »

Interesting ! Sounds very similar.
T5 R Design Hybrid