Ford fiesta - starting after stalling/ knowing your geat

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
becca121

Post by becca121 »

Hi everyone.

I was hoping someone could help. I'm new on here, just passed my test but still struggle a bit with stalling.

I'm a very anxious driver and something I found helpful on the car I learned on (Scoda Fabia) was the fact that you can just put your clutch down to restart it - you dont have to turn your engine on and off. I'm not sure what this features called but was wondering if it comes with any of the ford fiestas?

I also really liked the fact that the scoda tells you which gear you're in on the dashboard and not sure whether this is possible to see on the fiesta? I have read some fiestas indicate when you need to change gear but im not sure whether theres a setting where they actually shows you your current gear on the dashboard?

I know these features will probably seem unneccessary once Im more practiced at driving but i really feel they will help with my confidence in the meantime!

Thanks so much
Becky

becca121

Post by becca121 »

becca121 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:55 pm Hi everyone.

I was hoping someone could help. I'm new on here, just passed my test but still struggle a bit with stalling.

I'm a very anxious driver and something I found helpful on the car I learned on (Scoda Fabia) was the fact that you can just put your clutch down to restart it - you dont have to turn your engine on and off. I'm not sure what this features called but was wondering if it comes with any of the ford fiestas?

I also really liked the fact that the scoda tells you which gear you're in on the dashboard and not sure whether this is possible to see on the fiesta? I have read some fiestas indicate when you need to change gear but im not sure whether theres a setting where they actually shows you your current gear on the dashboard?

I know these features will probably seem unneccessary once Im more practiced at driving but i really feel they will help with my confidence in the meantime!

Thanks so much
Becky
72 dudes

Post by 72 dudes »

Hi Becky,

This is a forum dedicated to the Volvo XC40, so you might be better signing up to. Fiesta owners discussion board!

However, the feature you refer to is called 'stop-start' and most new cars will have it.

I'm not sure whether Fiestas have a gear indicator light, but I would expect them to have the change up light, I know Corsas do.
T4 Inscription FWD, Denim Blue, blonde interior. Winter pack and rear view camera.
Delivered 10/03/20.
Fun car, 2006 Mercedes SLK 350
Business car, 2007 Mercedes A180 CDi
Advanced driver since 1985.
72 dudes

Post by 72 dudes »

Hi Becky,

This is a forum dedicated to the Volvo XC40, so you might be better signing up to a Fiesta owners discussion board!

However, the feature you refer to is called 'stop-start' and most new cars will have it.

I'm not sure whether Fiestas have a gear indicator light, but I would expect them to have the change up light, I know Corsas do.
T4 Inscription FWD, Denim Blue, blonde interior. Winter pack and rear view camera.
Delivered 10/03/20.
Fun car, 2006 Mercedes SLK 350
Business car, 2007 Mercedes A180 CDi
Advanced driver since 1985.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Unbelievable! I could say more!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

ChrisLF wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:21 pm Unbelievable! I could say more!
I know, I think we could all say more!

Becky is young, just passed her test and a bit green. She has been steered in the right direction which is the main thing.

Speaking of being green, I hired a skip last year. When the guy turned up to collect it, he loaded on to the lorry and I still don’t know why I did what I did to this day. I shock his hand and thanked him🙄🙄. I bet he doesn’t get that every day....
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Deluded User 2020

Post by Deluded User 2020 »

Becca121 is by her/his admission new on this forum, I see no indication that he/she is young.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Deluded User 2020 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:36 pm Becca121 is by her/his admission new on this forum, I see no indication that he/she is young.
You could pick a fight in an empty room.

Becky is young, Middle aged or old, just passed her or his test and is a bit green, been around a bit or very experienced. She or he has been steered in the right direction which is the main thing.

How does that suit🙄
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Deluded User 2020

Post by Deluded User 2020 »

You couldn't make it up!

Oh err, well yes I suppose you did.
😀
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Good job he/she stumbled onto this forum I suppose!

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.