Collision Control System - Inadvertent brake application

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Mine's activated twice and it's turned off!

I hate this sort of intrusive and flawed tech.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.

malkyxc40

Post by malkyxc40 »

Would rather have false positives than false negatives !
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

So,
I can say now that this system is brilliant.

Yesterday, when revercing from the car park, almost got caught by a tricky bastard. He turned off his lights and quietly approached my car from the side.
If it wouldn't be for the emergency breaking system, when car just stopped and I wasn't even sure what has happened - it would definitely have an accident.

Once the car stopped - the other driver turned his lights on and drew away same minute.
Hugh Janus

Post by Hugh Janus »

mr.vladis wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:49 pm So,

Yesterday, when revercing from the car park, almost got caught by a tricky bastard. He turned off his lights and quietly approached my car from the side.
If it wouldn't be for the emergency breaking system, when car just stopped and I wasn't even sure what has happened - it would definitely have an accident.

Once the car stopped - the other driver turned his lights on and drew away same minute.
I think the original poster is referring to the standard front collision system.

You seem to be discussing the optional rear cross traffic alert system. The standard system doesn't consider the rear or when reversing.
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

Hugh Janus wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:44 pm

I think the original poster is referring to the standard front collision system.

You seem to be discussing the optional rear cross traffic alert system. The standard system doesn't consider the rear or when reversing.
Yep, might be the case. But you don't have an option to disable those separately.
I think if you disable it - it will disable both.
Hugh Janus

Post by Hugh Janus »

mr.vladis wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:11 pm
Hugh Janus wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:44 pm

Yep, might be the case. But you don't have an option to disable those separately.
I think if you disable it - it will disable both.
Not having the cross-traffic option I can't comment further. I have seen a reference in the manual for a separate cross-traffic button though.
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

You can deactivate each separately. Rear Cross Traffic Alert has a small button on the reverse screen / when Reverse camera is engaged. Next to turning on/off the assistance lines
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

ciuncky wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:19 pm You can deactivate each separately. Rear Cross Traffic Alert has a small button on the reverse screen / when Reverse camera is engaged. Next to turning on/off the assistance lines
I don't have a reverse camera, but will double check the buttons.