Can't activate Adaptive Cruise Control or Pilot Assist

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
sambartlet

Post by sambartlet »

I've just bought a new XC40 R Design, and am having a blast with it.

The only issue is I can't seem to activate either Adaptive Cruise Control or Pilot Assist. They don't show up in the driver display - I can only scroll between Speed Limiter and (regular) Cruise Control.

I am fairly sure I have both (I have the full Intellisafe package), but that they're currently deactivated somehow. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Sam

Mike Wazowski

Post by Mike Wazowski »

I don't have adaptive cruise control but the manual says there must be a car a reasonable distance in front. Are you trying to activate it parked up on your drive or during driving conditions?
sambartlet

Post by sambartlet »

Nope - doesn't show up when driving either.
Mike Wazowski

Post by Mike Wazowski »

Then I'd make sure it's on the contract and if it is, it's been installed.
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

sambartlet wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:59 pm
The only issue is I can't seem to activate either Adaptive Cruise Control or Pilot Assist. They don't show up in the driver display - I can only scroll between Speed Limiter and (regular) Cruise Control.

I am fairly sure I have both (I have the full Intellisafe package), but that they're currently deactivated somehow.
Do you know you have the intellisafe pro or intellisafe surround? The latter hasn't got the active cruise and
Pilot assist.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Goldfish wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:23 pm Do you know you have the intellisafe pro or intellisafe surround? The latter hasn't got the active cruise and
Pilot assist.
You beat me to it. I have ACC and did not have to do anything to see it in the menu.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

DarrenF wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:26 pm
Goldfish wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:23 pm Do you know you have the intellisafe pro or intellisafe surround? The latter hasn't got the active cruise and
Pilot assist.
You beat me to it. I have ACC and did not have to do anything to see it in the menu.
Just press the set on the left hand side of the steering wheel, then left right arrow to change to cruise only or with pilot assist. When the pilot assist is activated and the road condition is ok then the steering wheel symbol becomes green. Otherwise it is white.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

sambartlet wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:59 pm I've just bought a new XC40 R Design, and am having a blast with it.

I am fairly sure I have both (I have the full Intellisafe package), but that they're currently deactivated somehow. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Sam
There is a setting in the centre display that, somewhat counter-intuitively, has to be OFF (I.e. green light not lit).

This is a setting to switch to normal cruise if, for any reason, you do not want ACC.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

P.S: Just nipped outside to check.

It's a 'button' in RH screen called "Cruise Control". Make sure this is not lit.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
sambartlet

Post by sambartlet »

Silver Moose wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:52 pm P.S: Just nipped outside to check.

It's a 'button' in RH screen called "Cruise Control". Make sure this is not lit.
That did it! Thank you!

You're right - I'd assumed that having it lit would be necessary!