Dealer Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Pedro55

Post by Pedro55 »

Evening All,

My XC40 is now I month and 2 Days old. I returned my Volvo to my dealer with a paint chip found under the paint which someone had tried to remove. It wa for all intents and purposes nibbing marks no easily seen on pick up inspection. Some what of a grey area. As you know most dealers would not entertain such issues, ooh it must have been done in a car park by someone else. Car inspected by my local Body shop who suggested this go directly to Volvo for rectification.

On return to the dealer they agreed after consultation with there body and paint shop to remedy the issue by swapping the door from an identical model like they had done in the past.!!!!!!!! All sorts springs to mind, colour match etc. Any way picked it up last Wednesday morning to find a reasonable job from a distance colour did not look bad at all. The following day I had my car re-inspected for New Car Detailing Prep. and low and behold we find that the O/S Passenger door was not aligned properly.. the back door was catching the lock striker and had to be shut with a firm push. And scrapping was found on the bottom plastic plate close to the sill. One door off and one on as quick as you like. I had the Car inspected by another Dealership and they were very helpful and suggested I contact Volvo Care. This was down last Friday. So I am awaiting a course of action to be taken for next steps.

Any one else had issues like this in the past. I would welcome any further feedback and info on my next steps.. Should i reject the car.. hmmmmm

Regards

Pedro

squint

Post by squint »

I have just successfully rejected my car.

Volvo Customer Care were far from satisfactory. Hardly ever rang me back when told they would and never kept me informed over several weeks.

If you do decide to reject, I would strongly suggest do all communications with dealership by email so you have a record. Make sure you get the names of the person/s dealing with your issues.
Take photographs and get written confirmation from detailers.
The majority of the time Volvo just offered to speak to the dealership - complete waste of time when I had already spent weeks doing so - they do not seem to have any “clout”.
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps