SOS Button

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

squint wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:41 pm
72 dudes wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:07 pm @squint.

No, no reply from your Volvo dealer. That's enough to decide that I wouldn't trust them, or nothing has been done to fix the issue.

I wonder why my car is no longer on the website? - unless they’ve sold it!

Good job I have a screen shot of when it was.

I wonder if the dealership Paul Rigby monitor this forum?
Or Volvo do and they want the car with them for testing???
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera

squint

Post by squint »

Just for anyone’s information - the car was on the website with K6 AMS as the reg - that was my number plate which I have on retention. New reg should be BD20 MBU - as that is what was on V5C I received.

I gave the V5C I received to dealership when I returned the car. I watched them while they notified DVLA electronically using their system to notify DVLA I had transferred the car to them and received email confirmation from DVLA immediately.
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
72 dudes

Post by 72 dudes »

No, no reply from your Volvo dealer. That's enough to decide that I wouldn't trust them, or nothing has been done to fix the issue.

My guess is "Oh blimey, people are obviously talking about it on a forum somewhere if some bloke in Suffolk is asking about our car in Birmingham. Get it off the website until it's fixed or people have forgotten about it!"
T4 Inscription FWD, Denim Blue, blonde interior. Winter pack and rear view camera.
Delivered 10/03/20.
Fun car, 2006 Mercedes SLK 350
Business car, 2007 Mercedes A180 CDi
Advanced driver since 1985.
squint

Post by squint »

72 dudes wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:24 am

My guess is "Oh blimey, people are obviously talking about it on a forum somewhere if some bloke in Suffolk is asking about our car in Birmingham. Get it off the website until it's fixed or people have forgotten about it!"

I would have thought the fact they haven’t replied to your email request says it all.
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
lfpcorreia

Post by lfpcorreia »

Well.. last night while maneuvering on a road that crosses a forest, near a beach my XC40 got stuck. Although the road was asphalt, roadside was sand. Due to the lack of street light I didn’t see it..

As always in these situations my cell was without battery and my 3 year son in the car. Long story short:

- The VOC button never had anyone in the other side of the line. Tried it several times.
- The SOS number took ages before someone else picked up.
- When it finally did, a very grumpy lady almost mad asked in a rude tone what was the matter. Without waiting for my answer she told me the SOS number was for emergencies only.
- At this time I got the feeling I wasnt getting any help because the only thing I was able to speak was MY NAME! How could she know I had or not and emergency? The front of my car was buried in sand!!
- I tried to explain my situation and she reinforced emergency only, I should keep trying the VOC button and dropped the call!!
- want worse? Well.. the car kept calling the SOS a 2nd, 3rd, 4th time. I wasn’t touching anything!!
- she answer all other times BY JUST HANGING THE PHONE!!
- I had to turn the car off to stop calling
- when I turned the car on again, the car KEPT CALLING SOS!

This was ridiculous! The services (both?!) are useless. This is in my opinion.. both the tech and the humans don’t really work..

For anyone interested on how I got out of the sand: I was lucky a pickup from the military was passing and towed me out.
T5 Twin-engine Momentum Plus