SOS Button

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Deleted User 2663

Post by Deleted User 2663 »

squint wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:00 pm
Captain Obvious wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:49 am
squint wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:30 am

Couldn't agree more.

I may have missed earlier posts, so apologies if I've missed something, when you switched off the bluetooth on your phone did that not restore the ability to make a call directly via the phone?
Please see my reply to DarrenF yesterday at 3.13pm
Sorry I hadn't realised you'd been in a bad accident I thought you were testing/trouble shooting the system and couldn't use your phone following the testing. For others who are troubleshooting I suspect a disconnection of car and phone would put things right.

Are you using the phone as a data provider for the car or a car internal SIM (the one that can be installed in the boot). If your using the phone then perhaps the phones data is being used and that's causing the problem. Might be as well to write a post explaining the issues you're having and what steps you've taken so far, then others can chime in and help out.

squint

Post by squint »

Captain Obvious wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:09 pm
Captain Obvious wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:49 am

I may have missed earlier posts, so apologies if I've missed something, when you switched off the bluetooth on your phone did that not restore the ability to make a call directly via the phone?
Sorry I hadn't realised you'd been in a bad accident I thought you were testing/trouble shooting the system and couldn't use your phone following the testing. For others who are troubleshooting I suspect a disconnection of car and phone would put things right.

Are you using the phone as a data provider for the car or a car internal SIM (the one that can be installed in the boot). If your using the phone then perhaps the phones data is being used and that's causing the problem. Might be as well to write a post explaining the issues you're having and what steps you've taken so far, then others can chime in and help out.

I have not been in an accident and never said I had been.

I have already written numerous posts on this forum fully explaining my predicaments.

As I have already told you - the car has been at the dealership for 28 days trying to fix the problem - neither they nor Volvo can fix it - I would have thought that they have considered everything you mention.
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
Deleted User 2663

Post by Deleted User 2663 »

squint wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:25 pm
Captain Obvious wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:09 pm

I have not been in an accident and never said I had been.

I have already written numerous posts on this forum fully explaining my predicaments.

As I have already told you - the car has been at the dealership for 28 days trying to fix the problem - neither they nor Volvo can fix it - I would have thought that they have considered everything you mention.
Sorry I'd been reading posts and not really assigning them to particular people. I saw that someone, perhaps you, had an issue with a phone not allowing subsequent use after pressing the SOS button. I would have thought disconnecting the car from the phone (switching off the bluetooth) would have been a simple issue to test to see if the phone's functionality came back.

If your car has been at the dealershop for 28 days I'd seriously consider rejecting the car, especially if it's new.
Notsure

Post by Notsure »

Ok, so a bit of an update on my original post.

My car went to the dealers Friday before last and the master tech experienced exactly the same issue that I had when he pushed the button. he also mentioned that he had never pressed one before.
I left the car with them, as there were a couple of other things that had to be sorted and had updates during the week. It was pushed over to Sweden for guidance and a couple of things were tried but to no avail.
i decided that I would go back on Friday just gone to collect the car as it appeared it was going to take some time. On arrival I spoke to the tech again and he explained what had been tried and it had been escalated in Sweden.
We were then joined by a member of the management team and I explained the situation to him. He suggested that he go and push the button on his XC90, and yes his did exactly the same. Following further discussion he offered, later that afternoon, to get the button pressed in all of the demonstrators they had on site and he would advise what had happened.................
I had an email from him promptly that afternoon and they all did 'broadly the same thing'.
They have subsequently had contact back from Sweden and been advised that it is a 'provider issue' and are continuing to investigate. I believe from 'squints' woes that is what he was advised by his dealer.
So, it appears that this major safety issue, highlighted by squint originally, is more prevalent than was originally thought.

I believe, as a major safety feature of the car, it needs to be tested, wether that is by yourselves or taking your car back to the dealer and asking them to do it.
I am not sure how many people have to report this as an issue before it becomes a recall, of course when they finally have a fix for it, but the more it is tested the more robust the 'sample'

It may well be worth having a 'poll' on the forum to start to put some figures together ?????????
T4 R Design, Auto, Crystal White, Convenience Pack, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Front Park Assist, Smartphone Integration, Tempa spare wheel and jack.
squint

Post by squint »

I obviously agree with Notsure - I consider this to be a moral - if not legal - responsibility.

A car with exactly the same specifications as mine that was rejected with the exact mileage has just appeared as "just arrived" - on the dealer's website for sale - there is no picture yet with the registration number but it will appear soon I am sure, so I am only 99.999% sure it is my ex car - I sincerely hope they have found a fix for the SOS problem.
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
72 dudes

Post by 72 dudes »

Sounds like this is going to be a common problem.

I think it's poor show that the dealer has put Squint's car back on sale without even attempting a fix.

I'm going to search for Squint's car and email the dealer to ask if the SOS button issue has been fixed.

I don't expect a reply but if 5 or 6 of us do the same then that might be annoying enough for them to act.
T4 Inscription FWD, Denim Blue, blonde interior. Winter pack and rear view camera.
Delivered 10/03/20.
Fun car, 2006 Mercedes SLK 350
Business car, 2007 Mercedes A180 CDi
Advanced driver since 1985.
squint

Post by squint »

In all fairness they may have fixed it - I hope so for the sake of the new buyer.
I will be happy to post a link to the dealership’s web site once the image appears with the number plate so I’m 100% sure it’s my ex-car.
72 dudes

Post by 72 dudes »

Please advise if the problem with the SOS button has now been resolved on this car, as I believe the previous owner rejected the car as a result of this.

Sent to Rigby's Chester Road, Birmingham just now.

It's the only silver T4 R Design with your options for sale in the country.

Suggest a copy and paste for anyone else feeling fiendishly bloody-minded like myself!
T4 Inscription FWD, Denim Blue, blonde interior. Winter pack and rear view camera.
Delivered 10/03/20.
Fun car, 2006 Mercedes SLK 350
Business car, 2007 Mercedes A180 CDi
Advanced driver since 1985.
squint

Post by squint »

Gosh - do you work for MI5?

It says "just arrived" - it's been there since May 11th 2020
Spider62

Post by Spider62 »

Is this the one reg K6AMS at Rigby’s?
R-Design Pro T4 Auto FWD Bursting blue. Intellisafe Pro, Active 4-C Chassis, Rear Park Assist Camera, Front Park Assist, Tempa Spare Wheel, Smartphone Intergration.