Boot/Tailgate not operating

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Pedro55

Post by Pedro55 »

HI There,

My Tailgate foot operation has stopped working .Car now 10 days old. Going to my Volvo dealer on Tuesday to pick up a part. Have already warned them there is an issue which I thought was us not operating it properly. Myself and the Mrs have both tried various combinations of leg swipes all along the left hand side of the Tail gate.

Has anybody else experienced this issue or am I the unlucky one with this. :

Pedro 55

Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Try a forward kick rather than a swipe Side to side. Takes a while to get used to but I have about 99% success rate now...
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Pedro55

Post by Pedro55 »

THank you,

It works now and again by swiping right under the L of Volvo intermittently. 2 out of 5 trys.

Pedro55
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Don’t swipe. Kick in and out and take a step back.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Aim your kick under the first O letter from the VOLVO brand inscription and step back.
gt40

Post by gt40 »

I aim a kick with my left foot, steady straight in and out under the EU flag on my EU plate - works every single time.

Good news for Arjen Robben (left footed and EU citizen), less so for David Beckham
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19
lfpcorreia

Post by lfpcorreia »

This seems like a joke but I've read somewhere ( I can't remember where) the right spot in under the V. Has if the vertex of the V in pointing downwards to the boot opening sensor.

(so, first suggestion was the L letter, then the O letter. Now I'm suggesting the previous one.. seems like a joke :) )

Also, and I've tried this consistently, if I have the key on my pocket the Mrs can't open it. The car beeps twice, no matter how many attempts she makes. If I hand the key to her, the boot opens at first try. I've also tested with the kids. Same thing!

Hopefully that can help explain some of the failed attempts @Pedro55.

On a side note, I'm really convinced one must have the key. Can't figure out how the hell the car can distinguish who is holding the key, between the people trying to open the boot. I know this sounds almost placebo but having the key solves all failed attempts I've made..

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
T5 Twin-engine Momentum Plus
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

lfpcorreia wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:14 pm This seems like a joke but I've read somewhere ( I can't remember where) the right spot in under the V. Has if the vertex of the V in pointing downwards to the boot opening sensor.

(so, first suggestion was the L letter, then the O letter. Now I'm suggesting the previous one.. seems like a joke :) )

Also, and I've tried this consistently, if I have the key on my pocket the Mrs can't open it. The car beeps twice, no matter how many attempts she makes. If I hand the key to her, the boot opens at first try. I've also tested with the kids. Same thing!

Hopefully that can help explain some of the failed attempts @Pedro55.

On a side note, I'm really convinced one must have the key. Can't figure out how the hell the car can distinguish who is holding the key, between the people trying to open the boot. I know this sounds almost placebo but having the key solves all failed attempts I've made..

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The opening zone.

6F73521D-E59A-461B-B88B-95725FC55BB8.jpeg

R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.