Paint Quality, Airco & Other Things

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
XC40Warwick

Post by XC40Warwick »

Having had the unfortunate issue of having a brand new car repainted (Vauxhall not a Volvo), it proved to be the wrong thing to do. On reflection I should have rejected the car but it was 20 years ago and it appeared to be almost impossible in those days.
I would reject the car on the grounds of the appalling paint work - quite how that got out of the factory and was prepared by the dealership for delivery is beyond me, Volvo should be ashamed.
My Vauxhall issue was taken seriously when I cancelled the direct debit to GM finance, suddenly the area customer service manager was involved. You may have to take this type of action to focus peoples interest in your issue, good luck !
XC40 FE D4 Crystal White 20" with LAVA

bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

From those pictures, to me this looks like something actually was deposited on the paint in droplets that has eaten through the clear coat. This does not look like a simple case of defective paint. The car could have been exposed to some type of chemical during transport to the dealership or perhaps at the dealership prior to your purchase.
Pedro55

Post by Pedro55 »

Hi there,
I have just arranged to have my 18 day old XC40 returned to my dealer for paint rectification due to marks in paintwork on rear drivers side passenger door. As we all know paintwork on cars is a concern to us all. My garage were more than happy to have this rectified and put right. But there is still a slight tinge of regret about having to go thru this with a new car and will it look right on return. These issues were found when I arranged a consult for Ceramic Coating to give the car 2/3 years added protection. Along with copious amounts of marring around the car, which will require rectification prior to coating being applied. Aww the joys of motor ownership.

Pedro 55

XC40 R DESIGN T4 AWD 190BHP WIITH ADDED INTELLISAFE PACK AND PARK ASSIST AND WINTER PACK.
squint

Post by squint »

I would suggest you go to the dealership unannounced and demand to see the PDI checklist that should have been completed.
I assume that each dealership uses the same one. Not only was my service booklet not stamped to say it had been done although I was assured it had, when it was stamped it was dated 4 days after I’d collected the car - the car wasn’t even at the dealership that day. My tyre pressures were 44.5 - instead of 33. I asked them to check PDI checklist was completed - they said it had - I asked them to email it - eventually a BLANK one came!!! - eventually the completed one came - not one section of the Valet section where paintwork etc. should be ticked had been completed or signed.

As others have said - I would strongly consider rejecting the car.
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps