Electric Seats

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Brandyman

Post by Brandyman »

Has anyone had any issue with their seat.

I have my setting stored in memory but recently, when I stop the car and start to get out, the seat adjusts itself to a different position. It doesn't happen every time but it is fairly frequent. I can restore my position by pressing the memory button but it does seem a bit odd.

Thanks
XC40 D4 Inscription. Onyx Black, Winter Pack, 360 degree Camera, Sensus Connect Premium Sound
Arrived July 4th :)

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Brandyman wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:30 pm Has anyone had any issue with their seat.

I have my setting stored in memory but recently, when I stop the car and start to get out, the seat adjusts itself to a different position. It doesn't happen every time but it is fairly frequent. I can restore my position by pressing the memory button but it does seem a bit odd.

Thanks

What I tend to do is save everything to my key. So, I untick my profile protect and the other check box associated with my profile. I then adjust my seat, mirrors, radio stations, AC temperature etc, etc. Once I’m happy, I store the seat into memory and also to my profile. I’ve done this on the other key too (wife’s key). When we in lock and open the door, the seat will still be adjusting itself to the key in use. Perhaps you have tried this but if not, give it a go.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Tyson

Post by Tyson »

I have had this issue a few times, then noticed I was catching my hand on a memory button which is near to the door handle. D'OH!!
Brandyman

Post by Brandyman »

Tyson wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:04 am I have had this issue a few times, then noticed I was catching my hand on a memory button which is near to the door handle. D'OH!!
Thanks for the response. Can't be this as you need to keep the memory button depressed for the seat to move as much as it does.
XC40 D4 Inscription. Onyx Black, Winter Pack, 360 degree Camera, Sensus Connect Premium Sound
Brandyman

Post by Brandyman »

What I tend to do is save everything to my key. So, I untick my profile protect and the other check box associated with my profile. I then adjust my seat, mirrors, radio stations, AC temperature etc, etc. Once I’m happy, I store the seat into memory and also to my profile. I’ve done this on the other key too (wife’s key). When we in lock and open the door, the seat will still be adjusting itself to the key in use. Perhaps you have tried this but if not, give it a go.
[/quote]

Thanks for the response. I haven't saved anything to my key. (I don't know how :-) ) It's just stored as M1 in the car.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Brandyman wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:49 pm What I tend to do is save everything to my key. So, I untick my profile protect and the other check box associated with my profile. I then adjust my seat, mirrors, radio stations, AC temperature etc, etc. Once I’m happy, I store the seat into memory and also to my profile. I’ve done this on the other key too (wife’s key). When we in lock and open the door, the seat will still be adjusting itself to the key in use. Perhaps you have tried this but if not, give it a go.
Thanks for the response. I haven't saved anything to my key. (I don't know how :-) ) It's just stored as M1 in the car.
[/quote]

Hi Brandyman

Information can be found in the manual, via the VOC app on your phone or IPad and in the owners manual in the glove box. I’m including a link (may not work) along with a couple of pictures. If the link works, driver profile information is on page 124.

https://az685612.vo.msecnd.net/pdfs/19w ... P31199.pdf

5A3666AF-CD58-49E5-B6B5-A629131170FC.png

9729C072-7D97-488F-AB2C-9E1C1AFB801B.jpeg

R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Brandyman wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:48 pm
Tyson wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:04 am I have had this issue a few times, then noticed I was catching my hand on a memory button which is near to the door handle. D'OH!!
Thanks for the response. Can't be this as you need to keep the memory button depressed for the seat to move as much as it does.
No, only if you are sitting in the car. If standing by the door then you only have to press it momentarily for it to change the seat position.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.