Indicator Speed

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
squint

Post by squint »

Anyone noticed indicators speed fluctuating when slowing down ? - doesn't happen every time.
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps

72 dudes

Post by 72 dudes »

No, definitely not.

Is your battery OK?
T4 Inscription FWD, Denim Blue, blonde interior. Winter pack and rear view camera.
Delivered 10/03/20.
Fun car, 2006 Mercedes SLK 350
Business car, 2007 Mercedes A180 CDi
Advanced driver since 1985.
Whiterdesign

Post by Whiterdesign »

Is it the actual speed of the lights or the speed of the indicator sound. This is quite a common fault with the XC60, where the sound doesn’t match the actual flashing of the lights.
squint

Post by squint »

With hindsight it may be just the sound - I’ll check.
Thanks
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
Bootcamper

Post by Bootcamper »

I have also noticed that the indicator noise sometimes jumps or seems to skip. I've not checked if the actual indicator flash remains consistent.
squint

Post by squint »

Have you notified dealer?
Whiterdesign

Post by Whiterdesign »

From all the comments on the XC60 it’s something you live with. Mine does it occasionally and I’ve just got used to it, the actual flashing lights are not affected
squint

Post by squint »

Thanks.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

I've noticed the sound frequency changes occasionally however indicator speed remains the same.
Its a generated noise, not like older cars with an audible flasher unit
squint

Post by squint »

Thanks - very interesting.
Assume it doesn't bother you and you haven't told dealer?