“Parking brake service required” message

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Deleted User 2490

Post by Deleted User 2490 »

I've had:

"Your brakes have failed, pull over as soon as possible". - they hadn't.

"Parking brake service is required" - no.

"Your light bulb has failed" - it hadn't.

"Your car is unlocked" - it wasn't.

"You need a service" - I don't.

"An app needs to update" - no it doesn't.

"There's a maintenance issue" - no there isn't.

"There are maintenance messages in the inbox" - no there isn't.

The last message was very apt:

"You need to sell your Volvo and buy a VW" - Mmm...perhaps.

squint

Post by squint »

Goodness me!!

Has any ever had a correct message???!!!
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
Trafford

Post by Trafford »

bying a japanese car would be a better idea, than those VW that are faulty as hell. personal opinion.

I had the LightBulb message, the parking brake and once something about a service.
Deleted User 2490

squint wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:47 am Goodness me!!

Has any ever had a correct message???!!!
Had mine about 4,000 miles over 7 months. Apart from the ones I've mentioned above I've had a low on fuel message and a low washer fluid level - both spot on correct !!!

Apart from the wrong messages my car has been trouble free and a joy to drive, so not too bad over the time. The "brakes have failed" was by far the most worrying. But after pulling over, turning off and turning back on, it hasn't been a problem since.
Last edited by Deleted User 2490 on Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deleted User 2490

Trafford wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:10 am bying a japanese car would be a better idea, than those VW that are faulty as hell. personal opinion.

I had the LightBulb message, the parking brake and once something about a service.
A personal experience with a Toyota Yaris used for over 18 years with most members of the family confirms your opinion of excellent reliability.

And additional personal experience with a Mk6 VW Golf over 11 years also confirms my opinion of excellent reliability with VWs - best car in terms of reliability and quality I've ever had. And no errant warning messages either 😀