Volvo On Call App - "Windows Open"

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
squint

Post by squint »

Would it not make sense if we were alerted to above rather than having to check it manually?
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps

PreservedKillick

Post by PreservedKillick »

The VOC app does send notifications to an iPhone.
Check the settings: iPhone/Settings/Volvo On Call/Notifications/Persistent
XC40 T5 R Design Pro AWD Polestar
squint

Post by squint »

Isn’t that just the Banner Style?

I get notifications if car unlocked etc..
But if windows open that only shows up if go into app manually?
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
PreservedKillick

Post by PreservedKillick »

Yes I see what you mean now.

Just had a play. If a window is open I don’t think the VOC app generates a ‘banner alert’ (but maybe this takes some time?).
But it does show up in the app see photos.

74778E1B-8E4F-474E-BA5F-37E497FB8287.jpeg

00C1622A-6FF9-408C-8C2E-4284898E3EB6.jpeg

XC40 T5 R Design Pro AWD Polestar
squint

Post by squint »

That’s exactly my point!!
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

When I checked my car while sat in a theatre (before the lockdown), it said a window was open but I could not find anyway to shut the window from the app.

Two little changes could make a big difference with the app in my opinion:
1 - It should notify you as you walk away that a window is open the same as unlocked
2 - You should be able to close windows remotely
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
squint

Post by squint »

Absolutely agree.
bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

It is considered to be a safety issue to not be able to close the windows without someone being there. I guess they are worried about someone getting caught in the window.
Minute

Post by Minute »

It's quite easy to shut the windows remotely using the key fob. Might be a lot shorter distance than the app is capable of, but it's still an appreciable distance and can be out of line if sight (so much for safety concerns!).

Simply press and hold the lock button. If any windows are open, they will shut.

The reverse, pressing and holding the unlock button, will open the windows.

I believe that Volvo won't carry out any extra coding for the app in these strange times, instead they advocate, on the safety section of Volvo website, putting a large yellow post-it note on the dash saying "Shut the windows before leaving the vehicle".

😀
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Minute wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:57 am

I believe that Volvo won't carry out any extra coding for the app in these strange times, instead they advocate, on the safety section of Volvo website, putting a large yellow post-it note on the dash saying "Shut the windows before leaving the vehicle".

😀
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or use the climate control instead?
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019