Sat Nav

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
squint

Post by squint »

Is it possible to set the Sat Nav so that current location and or destination is displayed in maps - if not using sat nav it is.
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps

WhatNext?

Post by WhatNext? »

Not sure of your question. If the map is shown on the central screen your current location is shown whether or not you are using the satnav.

You can pan or zoom around to show what you want. Press the button that looks like a compass (a O with a + within it) to get the screen to centre on your current location.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

My current location is always showing in the dash (in between speed and rpm/eco dials). Can't remember how I got it there though...must be in a setting somewhere
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
squint

Post by squint »

If not using Sat Nav the current location comes up e.g."High Street". When using sat nav this is replaced by final destination. I live out in the sticks a bit and if not on a road I know the road I'm on isn't always obvious
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
WhatNext?

Post by WhatNext? »

The text High Street you mention comes up as text on the standard Home Screen. However if you press the text you will get the map view, if you press the compass symbol the map will show the car icon in the centre and will move as the car moves. If you zoom into the map street names and numbers will show on the map.
squint

Post by squint »

Thanks WhatNext - I'll try that. On other satnavs the current location is often in a separate text bow at the top or bottom of the screen.