WiFi Vodafone SIM

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

i can get to the globe part and have refreshed with browsers and devices - i’m convinced it’s at the vodafone side the sim is on the network and is connected just almost firewalled - it’s interesting that the car modem shows data being used and the voda team i spoke to wanting the imsi number - hacked off tbh as one of the things i was sold on was spotify built in hassle free !

the dealer even gave me another sim so in a year i can do this all over again!

DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

billybobb2019 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:01 pm i can get to the globe part and have refreshed with browsers and devices - i’m convinced it’s at the vodafone side the sim is on the network and is connected just almost firewalled - it’s interesting that the car modem shows data being used and the voda team i spoke to wanting the imsi number - hacked off tbh as one of the things i was sold on was spotify built in hassle free !

the dealer even gave me another sim so in a year i can do this all over again!
When I activated mine (3 month ago) as soon as I got the globe symbol it loaded the page and followed the final steps. Getting the globe symbol was what took time. I agree - sounds like a Voda problem to me.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Finally, finally got to register my sim today. For anyone trying to do the same, all I can say is persistence is the key. It’s like being back in a school exam - read, and reread your work!!
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
PreservedKillick

Post by PreservedKillick »

Successful.

I went to the main dealer this morning. All of the previous instructions are correct.
My problem, 🤔 I realised was not disconnecting my devices from the car WiFi before trying to establish the connection with the car to the Vodafone network.

Therefore, with all phones and devices with WiFi turned off, the car does take about 10 to 15 minutes to establish a connection with the network and the globe icon at the top left corner of the screen does eventually appear.

Once this has been established - turn on the iPhone/device WiFi and connect to the car. Be patient let the screens load and the device page will load to the Vodafone registration pages.
XC40 T5 R Design Pro AWD Polestar
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

PreservedKillick wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:42 pm Successful.

I went to the main dealer this morning. All of the previous instructions are correct.
My problem, 🤔 I realised was not disconnecting my devices from the car WiFi before trying to establish the connection with the car to the Vodafone network.

Therefore, with all phones and devices with WiFi turned off, the car does take about 10 to 15 minutes to establish a connection with the network and the globe icon at the top left corner of the screen does eventually appear.

Once this has been established - turn on the iPhone/device WiFi and connect to the car. Be patient let the screens load and the device page will load to the Vodafone registration pages.
More or less exactly what happening to me. Good result all round.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

well maybe it’s result tuesday as i got a new sim from the dealer - went through the process again and bingo worked first time ! maybe it was an iffy SIM or the second call to IITC did something but i’m streaming spotify like a good un!🤞
Reg Istered

Post by Reg Istered »

Pity that you need a premium paid-for Spotify account. I only have a free account and it doesn't work with the Volvo app.

Having said that I only listen to Radio 2 anyway 😀
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Reg Istered wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:48 pm Pity that you need a premium paid-for Spotify account. I only have a free account and it doesn't work with the Volvo app.

Having said that I only listen to Radio 2 anyway 😀
I’ve just retired. Radio 2 is far to hip for me. It’s Radio 4 and the Archers😳
Reg Istered

Post by Reg Istered »

Early retirement about 18 months ago for me. Mostly Radio2, a little 4, but definitely no Archers for me 😀
PreservedKillick

Post by PreservedKillick »

Yep, really happy now.
My iPod touch works well through the system too. Cover flow album covers, track listing etc. on both screens. The sound is equal to, if not better than the Bose surround system in my last car.
XC40 T5 R Design Pro AWD Polestar