Spotify - keep on having to re-login

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
weasle

Post by weasle »

I'm using internet over bluetooth to provide a connection for the car spotify app from my android phone. In the last few weeks the car spotify app has been asking me to login to use it on a regular basis. This seems to happen every 3-4 days, although it works fine on the days in between. The internet connection is working fine but spotify doesn't work without re-entering login details. I think there may have been a spotify update in this timescale so I wonder if that is the issue. Is anybody else having issues?

Thanks in advance
Dave
XC40 2.0 T4 Inscription AWD, Onyx Black with Blond Leather, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Smartphone Integration, Tempa Spare Wheel, Privacy glass.

Deleted User 2504

Post by Deleted User 2504 »

Does your car not have the SIM card in the boot? You just need to pair it with your Spotify account and hey presto.

Sometimes if there has been an update it helps to reinstall the apps and start again.
weasle

Post by weasle »

Hi, yes I used to use a sim card in the boot but am now using my phone as I have plenty of data usage available. It used to work fine with my phone but hasn't for the last few weeks. I believe this is a spotify app issue rather than an internet issue as I have an Internet available symbol on the screen and full traffic information via the internet etc. I'll re-install the app and see if that helps.
XC40 2.0 T4 Inscription AWD, Onyx Black with Blond Leather, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Smartphone Integration, Tempa Spare Wheel, Privacy glass.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

weasle wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:15 pm Hi, yes I used to use a sim card in the boot but am now using my phone as I have plenty of data usage available. It used to work fine with my phone but hasn't for the last few weeks. I believe this is a spotify app issue rather than an internet issue as I have an Internet available symbol on the screen and full traffic information via the internet etc. I'll re-install the app and see if that helps.
I had some strange music stalling issues and someone on here said to it was the app so I deleted and re-installed the app.

Not had a problem since :D
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
algrey

Post by algrey »

I have the same situation and whilst it only takes a minute to re-login I find it disproportionately irritating . I shall try to delete the application and then reinstall.
weasle

Post by weasle »

I've removed and re-installed the spotify app. I'll post again in about a week to report if this has solved the issues.
Also to note the following if anyone is having issues re-installing the app: need to make sure spotify is not active in order to uninstall - select the radio; the app might not appear in the apps list unless the app is disconnected from the car - go to spotify web site, access profile, goto apps and remove volvo. Then re-install.
weasle

Post by weasle »

It worked for three days but now asking me to login again. I'm going to report the issue to Volvo.