Rather odd.

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Hey people

Went out for the first time in 3 weeks this morning. The brake pedal was solid which meant the start button didn’t start the car. I had to push the pedal extremely hard to get it to fire up. On the return journey, everything was fine?? The car hadn’t turned a wheel in 3 weeks so I’m hoping it’s a one off.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.

ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

Pads rusted on to discs I expect.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

ACertainAge wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:41 pm Pads rusted on to discs I expect.
Yes maybe. Never thought of that. It was a strange sensation. My van does this when the hill start assist is active. You get zero pedal movement.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
enneo

Post by enneo »

Seems to be norm if the vehicle is not started for a couple of weeks. Certainly nowt to do with brakes been stuck on, as ours has always been kept inside, and the discs are nice and shiny. It would appear that something electrically shuts down when not used frequently, found you have to push start button wait then push brake pedal hard and push start again, obviously XC 40 likes to be used rather than stood. It had been stood for just over 3 weeks so gave it a run around the block yesterday after the no likey start up again.
XC 40 R-Design T4, Bursting Blue, Xenium Pack, Convenience Pack, Intellisafe Surround Pack, Tempa Spare Wheel + Jack
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

enneo wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:04 pm Seems to be norm if the vehicle is not started for a couple of weeks. Certainly nowt to do with brakes been stuck on, as ours has always been kept inside, and the discs are nice and shiny. It would appear that something electrically shuts down when not used frequently, found you have to push start button wait then push brake pedal hard and push start again, obviously XC 40 likes to be used rather than stood. It had been stood for just over 3 weeks so gave it a run around the block yesterday after the no likey start up again.
Thanks