Scratch Repair

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Trafford

Post by Trafford »

Hello everyone,

I found a small scratch to the car, as shown in the picture. The question now is: How should I fix it?

I found the following spray:

https://www.skandix.de/en/spare-parts/accessories/chemicals-consumables/paint-touch-up-paint-728-thunder-grey-spraycan/1075721/

Is it a good idea to buy this spray and spray the scratch?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_0435.jpg

Last edited by Trafford on Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

It really depends on on a few things - if you want a quick cheap repair I would get one of the touch up kits with a small brush and cover it that way.

I tried one of them cans abouts 10+ years ago and it was a mess. It the right hands it might do a great job but I failed and it looked horrible.

One thing - it appears you have gone through the paint so it is best to keep it clean and dry and away from any salt.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

I see from your profile that you joined the forum in June 19 - probably taking delivery of your car around that time. If it were me, on a car less than a year old, I’d be looking at a smart repair from someone like Chipsaway or a similar company. It will cost around £100 or so but at least you will have a professional repair that will more or less be invisible.
Last edited by Dermottdog on Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Trafford

Post by Trafford »

Great advice! Thank you

you mean this, right?

https://www.skandix.de/en/spare-parts/accessories/chemicals-consumables/paint-touch-up-paint-728-thunder-grey-pin-kit/1075723/
Trafford

Post by Trafford »

Dermottdog wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:27 pm I see from your profile that you joined the forum in June 19 - probably thanking delivery of your car around that time. If it were me, on a car less than a year old, I’d be looking at a smart repair from someone like Chipsaway or a similar company. It will cost around £100 or so but at least you will have a professional repair that will more or less be invisible.
Thank you for the advice, I will get a quote on that