Stop / Start - Software Upgrade

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Handyman

Post by Handyman »

I thought there was a thread for this item but couldn't find it.

Would anyone else like to have the Stop / Start function defaulted to off? apparently here is a software upgrade, I found this on the Web at -

XC40 Forum.com - The Largest Volvo XC40 Forum, Community And Owner's Club - XC40 ONLY permanent START/STOP disable officially here from Volvo's latest update.

Apparently the software upgrade saves the customer preference on having START/STOP turned on or off based on how they left it for the previous drive,

Has anyone had this software upgrade?

Gong101

Post by Gong101 »

I've never had the need to turn it off. So it's a 'no' from me.
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

From what I can remember this update was not made available here in Europe (I think that Volvo cited emissions regulations), it is available in USA. I for one would like to see this being made available as I hate Stop-Start with a vengeance! I switch it off using an Individual drive more which I select when starting the car.
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

I live in California, and yes it can be disabled here in the USA.
Gong101

Post by Gong101 »

Knowing that it reduces emmisions why would you override it in normal 'Comfort' mode?
The start activation is practically instant when moving off, and in stop start nose to tail traffic it deactivates itself anyway after 2 or 3 stop/starts so as not to stop/start constantly.

Best of both worlds.