New Brake Pads At 30,000KM? Other Issues Thus Far

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Deleted User 1286

Post by Deleted User 1286 »

I've owned a lot of vehicles in my time and I've never had to replace brake pads this quickly before. I've had a slew of issues with this vehicle and can't same I'm impressed with the overall build quality. So far there are the issues I've experienced on this vehicle:

- Front Brake Discs & Pads replaced at 12,000KM's, apparently there was a faulty from manufacturing of the discs that were causing vibrations and moaning
- heated seat (driver seat) stopped functioning
- driver side window issues (vertical scratch mark on window) from rolling the window up/down, sounds like the window was loose in the door, currently being fixed
- power steering disengages off/on, get warning in the driver display about it being shut off temporarily
- leather that meats the cup holders in the back seats is separating from the cup holders, being replaced
- power tailgate had to be fixed, stopped closing/locking the tailgate properly
- noisy/squeaky arm rest in the front, fixed by putting two velcro strips there to cushion the arm rest when its closed

Needless to say, I'm not impressed at all. I've owned other European cars before including Audi, BMW and even some japanese cars like Lexus and never had these many issues, even on a first year model vehicle.

Volvo XC40

Post by Volvo XC40 »

Hi jagstyles,

Had Rear wheels brake pads replaced on the yearly service, 25k kms on the clock. I was wondering as well how is that possible...? Dealer said this is normal since some new car parts are under environmental restrictions thus build quality is inferior and lifetime is decreased...
It did make sense but why the rear wheels only...?

The answer is that the auto hand brake system if not disengaged manually, it drags the car before disengagement and friction is wearing out the pads.
After replacing the pads a whistle Is constantly there when driving at speed below 10km/h. Seems that pads are touching the disks. Useless dealer said it is normal again...
Brembo brakes sounds like a good solution...
VolvoXC40|D3|R-Design|Crystal White|Pan Roof