Apple carplay - only plays 1 sec of track from Spotify

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

OK I need your help as this is driving me nuts.

If I play tracks from Spotify with the free SIM it buffers for a but then starts playing with no problems (not much coverage round here).

If I connect my iphone 11 pro max to the car everything works but when I play tracks only the first 1 second plays then nothing and after 5-10 seconds it jumps to the start of the track. Tried downloaded and streamed songs happens with both.

Deleted the connect and recreated, no change.

If I wait a few minutes then go back it it will play normally without the 1 second of audio problem.

Once its working if I get a text message, phone call etc it going back to the audio problem and stops working. I have to disconnect and reconnect and wait a few minutes before it works. My phone has full coverage and speed tests showed 300+ Mbps down-link speed so no idea why it is doing this.

Any ideas - all appreciated except for buy an android phone :D
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.

DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

I have noticed the car says another phone is connected when I plug my phone in. No other phone has been connected to the car so confused why I am getting the message
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
michael123

Post by michael123 »

Recent version of Spotify (since September's update) is more stable than previous, but sometimes for me it just refuses to play.
I then try to switch to Radio, and then switching back to Spotify -- sometimes it helps
If not, on the next car stop will back to normal.
Today I had something new -- I could not search in a library, everything else worked in Spotify
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

michael123 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:51 pm Today I had something new -- I could not search in a library, everything else worked in Spotify
I have only had the car 3 weeks and also have problems in spotify searching but thought it must be the data sim. Everything else works and it shows as having good coverage so I wonder if all my problems are just spotify, will delete it and re installed and see if that helps.

Thanks for the reply
michael123

Post by michael123 »

Unfortunately that's not sim .. you can try using hotspot from your cell instead to confirm