iPhone and Android

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Stockholmsyndrome

Post by Stockholmsyndrome »

Hi,

In our current X3, all our personal settings (radio stations, volume level, mirror positioning ect ect) are stored on our keys. As are the instruction to tell the car which of the two phones to pair with and use contacts from. When both phones are in the car, the key that unlocked the door tells it who is the captain of the ship...

Now I know the 40 won’t do that....

But will it pair to two phones, and allow us to set which one belongs to the driver on a given day?

Also any ideas if both Applecarthing and Androidcarthing can be installed at the same time and switched between... ?

Dealer had no clue on the test drive.

Famandy

Post by Famandy »

I thought the XC40 key less fobs would at least remember electric seat and mirror positions specific to the last person using that fob, though not sure about radio settings,
Crystal White/Charcoal T5 MY19 FE 19" alloys (my choice!) with confirmed headlamp washers - delivery in June - ordered mid-February via broker
Stockholmsyndrome

Dealer seemed doubtful about keys remembering anything.... mind you I own underpants older than her, so who knows?
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

See owners manual page 125 for linking driver profiles to a key.

Then page 123 for what driver profiles might comprise.

“Settings that can be saved in a driver profile include, amongst other things, screens, mirrors, front seats, navigation*, audio and media system, language and voice control.”

Doesn’t sound like the Volvo salesperson knows her product?

Doesn’t sound like phones are included in the driver profile :-(
Last edited by Boomer on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Famandy

Post by Famandy »

Yes further confirmed by spec for seats on Volvo UK Website:

Power Driver Seat with Memory for Seat and Exterior Mirrors
The power driver seat can be tailored in multiple ways – you'll easily find the perfect driving position. Enhancing your convenience, the memory function perfectly adjusts the seat and door mirrors every time. All seat settings are easily adjusted using intuitive controls or via the centre display with touch screen. When you unlock your car using your personal remote control, the seat and door mirrors automatically adjust to your latest settings. Alternatively, you can select your memorized position using the memory buttons on the front door upper panel. The memory function also comes handy when you're several drivers. Each driver can have his or her personal remote control, and the car will adjust to the individual settings of each control. Two remote controls are standard, and your Volvo can handle up to an additional ten remote controls.
Crystal White/Charcoal T5 MY19 FE 19" alloys (my choice!) with confirmed headlamp washers - delivery in June - ordered mid-February via broker
Whiterdesign

Post by Whiterdesign »

phones are not included in the profile, the car will try and connect the last phone that was connected if not it will try the next to the last phone. I e, if you and spouse have a phone that is registered then it will try these, if neither of these are present but another registered phone is then this will have to be connected manually.
Stockholmsyndrome

Sounds promising....

Dealer was freaking useless tbf. I knew more about the car than her.

In the X3 the phone system picks up both phones, but uses the one belonging to whoever’s keys unlocked the car as the lead phone. I’m guessing the Volvo will do something similar, or just go with whichever is paired up first to use for outgoing calls if both are onboard.

More interested to know if Appleplay and AndroidAuto can both be installed at the same time and be toggled between...
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Stockholmsyndrome wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:45 pm Sounds promising....

Dealer was freaking useless tbf. I knew more about the car than her.

In the X3 the phone system picks up both phones, but uses the one belonging to whoever’s keys unlocked the car as the lead phone. I’m guessing the Volvo will do something similar, or just go with whichever is paired up first to use for outgoing calls if both are onboard.

More interested to know if Appleplay and AndroidAuto can both be installed at the same time and be toggled between...

I guess not as to use with android auto or Apple CarPlay you use the white framed USB port which there is only one. So would mean you plugging and unplugging to change devices.
XC40 FE - White 20” Wheels With headlight washers - Ordered 4th February 2018 & Delivered 10th April 2018
Whiterdesign

Post by Whiterdesign »

If you have CarPlay or android software added by dealer, you only have one USB port not 2 . You only get 2 if you have it factory fitted.
Stockholmsyndrome

Ummm... so I need to tell Dealer to get both flavours installed in Ghent?