Creaking - transmission or suspension...

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

Cornishman wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:53 am Start/Stop and Auto hold are linked, are you using Auto Hold (Green handbrake icon lights when stopped)?
Just curious what you mean by that, Cornishman? By Start/Stop and Auto Hold being linked?

Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

So if auto hold is on, the act of taking away requires the auto engine restart AND the auto release of the handbrake...
hulsenbeek

Post by hulsenbeek »

Cornishman wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:40 pm So if auto hold is on, the act of taking away requires the auto engine restart AND the auto release of the handbrake...
Hi Cornishman, as far as I know, I am not using auto hold. I only see the green start/stop light when stopping and when I lift my foot of the brake pedal, the car starts and starts crawling immediately.

There is also no green light on the auto hold button on the center console.
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

The only recognised creaking as explained is when the pads release their pressure on the discs, which is nothing more than that and a normal characteristic of the brakes ;)
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

hulsenbeek wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:27 pm
Cornishman wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:40 pm So if auto hold is on, the act of taking away requires the auto engine restart AND the auto release of the handbrake...
Hi Cornishman, as far as I know, I am not using auto hold. I only see the green start/stop light when stopping and when I lift my foot of the brake pedal, the car starts and starts crawling immediately.

There is also no green light on the auto hold button on the center console.
You are both right, if you do NOT enable autohold, you have to keep your foot on the brake to keep the engine stopped, and hold the car. As soon as you release the brakes, the car is free to move, and the engine restarts.

If you HAVE enable autohold, you don't have to keep your foot on the brake to keep the engine stopped, and hold the car. You must touch the accelerator to release the brakes, at the same time the engine restarts.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21