Windscreen demisting

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

7Characters wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:50 pm
Skyrimmer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:40 pm As a side note, why don't manual transmission cars have remote start? I would have liked that.
Manual cars are more often than not left in gear when parked, either forward or reverse.

Wouldn't go down well to autostart a car left in gear !!
I see, good point although I would have thought it would have been possible to program in a check that the car was in neutral before allowing it to start.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.

7Characters

Post by 7Characters »

Skyrimmer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:18 pm
7Characters wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:50 pm
Skyrimmer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:40 pm As a side note, why don't manual transmission cars have remote start? I would have liked that.
Manual cars are more often than not left in gear when parked, either forward or reverse.

Wouldn't go down well to autostart a car left in gear !!
I see, good point although I would have thought it would have been possible to program in a check that the car was in neutral before allowing it to start.
I wouldn't recommend leaving a manual car in neutral though. Been driving manuals for years and always leave them in gear. Forward or reverse depends on the direction facing of course.
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Are you sure your electric heater is on? I don’t use the fans to demist, windscreen is clear long before the rear one. Check the icon in the centre display for the windscreen icon with the heartbeat style zigzag. You can just have air demist without electric, so might have switched that on instead. You also can have the windscreen demist start automatically, but it works at a lower temperature than the rear for some reason.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018