Playing music through USB stick

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Is anyone able to play music on USB stick? On my system, some albums are not even showing, whilst others have their individual tunes spread throughout the other albums, and only play as one off tunes.

PeeBee

Post by PeeBee »

Yes, no problems here.

My MP3 music tracks are in folders Artist then Album
ChrisS777

Post by ChrisS777 »

Sensus uses the tags embedded on the tracks to determine album, singer, title if present. Otherwise it will use Gracenote information.
Folder structure seems to be ignored.

So I think you may need to set the embedded tags with some kind of app.
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

What ChrisS777 said. I download tracks singly to my USB but Sensus will use the metadata to sort them into albums. Thus I can view by song, artist or album even though they are single tracks.
You can edit the metadata on a PC.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
aj05

Post by aj05 »

I purchased a second hand I pod sorted all the problems I was having with usb stick
Brandyman

Post by Brandyman »

I think it depends what format your songs are in. I had got a load of songs that were apple lossless and I had to covert these back to mp3/4.
XC40 D4 Inscription. Onyx Black, Winter Pack, 360 degree Camera, Sensus Connect Premium Sound
Arrived July 4th :)
elan71

Post by elan71 »

Part exch my XC60 for an XC40...Have the same prob with my USB stick although it played OK in the XC60 ie Everything not showing under artists or albums...Complained to Volvo customer services who guided me through with the help of my local dealer...solution is that the music files need to be amended to show more info...more can be seen on youtube...Change .MP3 Metadata.....if you have windows just click on the MP3 track file and then go to properties...you will see a Tag for details...in here you can add the artist/album/genre details. This info is probably missing from your own MP3 files. Also if possible can will you please flag this up via your local dealer as Volvo know there is a problem but until they get enough complaints they will do nowt about it...cheers and good luck