Hill assist

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

I guess you won't have many complaints as many, like me, either have automatic or use autohold full time or both. Yes it's a pain in stop start traffic, but it can be turned off then, but otherwise very useful.

My problem's the misses T-Cross has a regular handbrake, so no autohold. Occasionally at junctions I forget and take my foot of the brake, and after a couple of seconds it starts to creep forward (DSG). It's hill hold is very reliable, you have plenty of time to move your foot across before you feel the brakes release.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21

Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

I've noticed with HSA in several cars, the brake pedal has to be pressed hard enough for "the car" to realise that the brake is on enough to hold the car. with Auto Hold and start/stop, the engine won't stop until the brake pedal is on hard enough in the same vein
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Not experienced this at all, hill hold will hold the car on any slope and never roll back - and stop/start shuts down slightly before coming to a complete stop and no need to keep foot on brake at all - must be to do with different settings - must be?