Issue with Android Auto with Huawei P30 Pro

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
KingJ

Post by KingJ »

Hello all!

Experiencing somewhat of a unique issue with my Android auto in my xc40 and need some help if anyone has experienced something similar.

So when I try and connect my Huawei P30 Pro to Android auto I receive this message again and again and can't seem to figure out how to solve it.Image

Things I've tried are the following:
- multiple usb c cables
- ensure my phone and car times are set correctly and exactly the same using both manual methods and automatically
- Updated Android auto on my phone to the latest version, same with all Google apps and even all apps on phone
- ensured Ive got both the EMUI (huaweis operations system) and Android versions up-to-date
- cleared all data and cache of Android auto and ensured it works normally on the phone
- taken it to the Volvo dealership which they don't know a fix but we've identified it's an issue with my phone most likely as we tried a one plus phone which worked with AA in my car and when trying my phone in a V40 different car it also didn't work in that car and now they've lodged a further technical issue case to the main Volvo technical team

Any ideas or anyone came across anything similar? Be such a shame to just rule it out and would of assumed it should of worked seeing as the Huawei P30 Pro is a relatively newish phone.

Thanks in advance

J

gt40

Post by gt40 »

Huawei sanctions?
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19
aj05

Post by aj05 »

As gt40 said I was under the impression Huawei were unable to use Google software hence your problem/message
KingJ

Post by KingJ »

On newer models I believe, Huawei P30 Pro has access to all Google apps etc still
michael123

Post by michael123 »

Probably blocked by google as it was mentioned before.

I have Huawei Mate 20 Pro, and it is working so far quite smoothly
gt40

Post by gt40 »

KingJ wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:39 pm On newer models I believe, Huawei P30 Pro has access to all Google apps etc still
As Huawei is in the news again I recalled this conversation and wondered if you'd ever resolved the issue, so....... ?
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19