Individual mode settings

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

Dermottdog wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:13 pm If you’re looking for the the actual look, the sales guy went through the modes and said one looks like this and this one look like ‘glass’. To be fair, they looked the same.
Thanks but no. It's just not the subject I'm trying to fathom. The setting I'm trying to understand is in the menu item where you can set the driving mode that is called "Individual". Thanks anyway ☹️

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Ok. So check this. It’s the same as you’ve already got I think. Isn’t it maddening when you ask what you think is a perfectly simple question and people can’t grasp what you’re after🙄

1A4ED6F3-8E7F-498D-B868-E4202F61513C.png

R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

Yes, that's the Individual mode I'm referring too.

In the screen shot see point "4.1 From here you can select your preferences.".

Not to worry, it isn't a big deal. I just like to understand things.
varavital

Post by varavital »

USERof XC40 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:08 pm If I choose the Eco display for the "Individual" mode then when I select driving mode "Individual" my dash has the appearance of the Eco display. But both Dynamic and Comfort display characteristics for the "Individual" mode seem identical.
Well, in my car it's the same. I didn't try the eco display in individual mode because I never drive in eco and don't like that display, but I was hoping also that idicating the dynamic display would give the red surrounded display when I switch to individual mode, but it doesn't. It just gives the same display as in comfort mode. Whenever I change the display in comfort mode, and after that I switch to individual mode, it just takes over this chosen display, no matter what display choice I indicated in the setup of the individual mode. I don't think it's suppose to work that way, but I didn't find a way around it.
The road is more important than the destination.