Individual mode settings

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

In the settings for creating an "Individual" driving mode there's a setting for display. There are three choices - comfort, dynamic and eco.

Does anyone know the difference between 'Comfort' and 'Dynamic' display dials?

They look identical when selected.

The 'Eco' one gives the Eco dial but I can't see a difference between the Comfort and Dynamic options. I was hoping it would give the red performance dials but it doesn't.

bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

The only difference between the Dynamic and Comfort displays will be the word Dynamic that will show up inside the tachometer when in the Dynamic mode.
USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

bdalameda wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:35 pm The only difference between the Dynamic and Comfort displays will be the word Dynamic that will show up inside the tachometer when in the Dynamic mode.
No so. That would hardly seem necessary!

When you select Dynamic or Comfort, or Eco for the Individual option the wording when selecting the Individual drive mode is the word Individual.
bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

It is the way my car works. When I am in Dynamic mode the tachometer has the word Dynamic displayed. I have the 4c active suspension also so maybe that is why my car functions this way.
USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

bdalameda wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:15 pm It is the way my car works. When I am in Dynamic mode the tachometer has the word Dynamic displayed. I have the 4c active suspension also so maybe that is why my car functions this way.
That's just the way my car works. When I'm in Dynamic it says Dynamic. When I'm in Eco is says Eco.

But please read my original post I'm not talking about selecting Dynamic, I'm talking about setting up the 'Individual" mode. Completely different subject !!!
bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

Yes I understand - When in the individual settings and I have the Dynamic Mode set and I save the mode to my key, when I start the car the Dynamic mode is set and the display reads Dynamic though perhaps there are different software versions that show things differently.
USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

I still think there may be some misunderstanding. Sorry if I seem to patronise, I'm not, just trying to understand.

When you press the driving mode button the dash do you see five options?
I see:
1) Comfort
2) Individual
3) Dynamic
4);Eco
5) OffRoad

It is the mode called "Individual" I am trying to set up. When I select Individual the word "Individual" shows up in the tach dial.

When setting up the "Individual" mode in its separate menu settings I can assign Individual to have certain characteristics based on the other modes. So I can choose for the Individual mode to have steering from the Dynamic mode, Brake characteristics from the Comfort mode etc. One characteristic I can choose is the Display. If I choose the Eco display for the "Individual" mode then when I select driving mode "Individual" my dash has the appearance of the Eco display. But both Dynamic and Comfort display characteristics for the "Individual" mode seem identical.

Clear as mud...😀
bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

The displays for the Dynamic and Comfort mode are the same though you can edit what style display you want to show.
USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

I regret we are talking about different things. I know what you are refering too but it's not the answer to my question.
Not to worry, thanks for responding.

Anyone else out there in XC40 land who can help?
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

If you’re looking for the the actual look, the sales guy went through the modes and said one looks like this and this one look like ‘glass’. To be fair, they looked the same.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.