Parking Climate

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
sm1thy23

Post by sm1thy23 »

With the days now getting colder (in the UK!) I've tried to set the parking climate from the app so car is nice warm etc when i get in it but it isnt working, anyone had similar or am i being a plank and missing something obvious?

Remote start works, just not the parking climate.
XC40 R-Design T4 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mss911

Post by mss911 »

Short answer UK models don't have the heater that is required & will only run the fan in certain circumstances.

Long answer here [url]https://www.xc40forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=201&start=10[/url]
sm1thy23

Post by sm1thy23 »

Ah brilliant Thankyou.

How do you program what needs to come on when you start the car?
mss911

Post by mss911 »

From memory & depending on what options you have spec'd you can set the heated seats (front), steering wheel heater, front & rear window demister, wing mirror demister to activate (Settings>Climate I think) when remote starting via the app with the car being below a certain temperature.. The cars heater / air con will come on as normal.
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

I've just tried the Remote Start today, being 3 degrees in London. It ran for 5 minutes, demisted rear window and mirrors and steering and seat where pretty hot. Still, a bit cold inside without the additional heater, and it took another 5 minutes of driving to get comfortable

A shame really. It's not made extremely clear when you buy.
Maybe a retrofit at Volvo in a different country, haha ?
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

ciuncky wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:20 am I've just tried the Remote Start today, being 3 degrees in London. It ran for 5 minutes, demisted rear window and mirrors and steering and seat where pretty hot. Still, a bit cold inside without the additional heater, and it took another 5 minutes of driving to get comfortable

A shame really. It's not made extremely clear when you buy.
Maybe a retrofit at Volvo in a different country, haha ?
Going through all the controls on Sunday with the sales guy. He said that anything under 15 minutes using the parking climate function is a waste of time. I know that our previous car, a Mini, used to have an ‘on demand’ water pump. This had the effect of getting warm air coming out of the vents very quickly because the water was not being pushed through the radiator.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

Funny, considering the app limit is 15 minutes. Whenever i go to remote start, it seems to be predefined to 14 mins.

I guess that’s ok for real cold mornings, snow, ice etc. Will try tomorrow for 8 mins and see how it feels :)
sm1thy23

Post by sm1thy23 »

When I did mine the windows cleared and seats heated but the fans didn’t come on.

Surely with engine running like normal there is no reason the fans shouldn’t work?

It was one of the major factors in me getting an auto!!
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

So if I read this right with the parking climate settings for heated windows and seats set to come on, when I press the start button on the VOC app under the parking climate tab the engine should start remotely.
When I have tried this I just get a rotating wheel in the app as though its waiting for something but the car does not start.
Is it dependant on outside temperature or anything else before remote start will work?
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

The start button under the remote start tab switches on the engine.

The start button under the parking climate tab does not switch on the engine. It switches on the parking climate preconditioning heater. UK models do not have the preconditioning heater so that tab of the App is inoperative.