Volvo On Call pairing with car

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

I changed my mobile (Android) a while ago and have just remembered to re-install the On Call app which I had been using for quite a long time. In attempting to pair the app with my car using the On-Call PIN provided when I got the car the App is telling me that the PIN doesn't match my car. I have definitely entered the correct VIN and have checked that I'm using the right PIN. Anybody experienced similar problems? I'm yet to take it up with dealers.
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18

balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Answering my own post here in case anybody else has the problem in the future! After a few failed attempts at talking with Volvo On-Call support that included them sending me new PIN numbers I worked out what my problem was. As installed from the Google Playstore the app is configured for the North American market, once I changed this to Europe all was fine and the 'wrong PIN' error message was a bit of a red herring. Good news as I'll be able to remote start the car to heat it up again now that the frosty mornings have returned! (That's about all that I use the app for)
gratefullreader

Post by gratefullreader »

I joined this forum just to thank you!

I moved from the UK to US and long story short, I had the same error as you for the Volvo app and just yesterday had another issue with the region in another app. My region is set to US and generally seems to work but for the Volvo and the Costco app (both have US and UK presence) I have had issues and I think I found the reason why, so wanted to add to it along with thanking you for the direction.

Specifically for apple, I had my region set to US, previously UK, but the language on my iPhone was set to 'English UK'. I changed it to 'English US' and boom, I got the North American version of the Volvo on Call app.

Unbelievable, Jeff.
Sylok

Post by Sylok »

Is there anyway to contact Volvo on-call without pressing the button in the cat. Trying to get my pin number as dealer not being helpful
XC40 D3 manual, momentum pro, thunder grey, with convenience pack and rear parking camera.
Sylok

Post by Sylok »

Sorry that should read car. Pressing the cat didn't help either
XC40 D3 manual, momentum pro, thunder grey, with convenience pack and rear parking camera.
EmPeeGee

Post by EmPeeGee »

Sylok wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:35 pm Is there anyway to contact Volvo on-call without pressing the button in the cat. Trying to get my pin number as dealer not being helpful
It's all in the manual.
The manual says:

"If the PIN code has been forgotten or needs to be changed (e.g. when buying a used car with Volvo On Call), contact

a dealer or

Volvo On Call service centre via the ON CALL button, the Volvo On Call app or a normal phone call.

The new code is sent to the car owner".

The telephone numbers for VOC for different countries are in the app and in the manual.
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Don't know where in the world you are but you can phone them, try :-

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/article?id=0e273e3095d49ff0c0a80151106940c1

Can't say that they were very helpful, but maybe I just spoke to somebody who was useless!
Sylok

Post by Sylok »

Brilliant thanks, will give that a try